yz or crf 450??

3 replies to this topic
  • thelimey1

Posted February 12, 2003 - 02:18 AM

i realize that ya'll browsing this forum have already decided on the yamaha, anybody got unbiased input on the choice between the two?? other than you just like blue better. if you have owned both, and chosen one over the other, id like to know why.

• wr250rr

Posted February 12, 2003 - 04:16 AM

A buddy of mine has the CRF , I rode it and it Rocks.
The thing is its aimed more toward motocross. So if your doing motocross , it would be a great choice.
If you ride woods, you most likly will have to get the off set triple clamps (as he did) to make it handle the tights better.
The YZ rocks too. I think it can handle the woods a little better than the CRF.(both being in stock form that is)
hope that helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted February 12, 2003 - 05:09 AM

"A buddy of mine has the CRF , I rode it and it Rocks.
The thing is its aimed more toward motocross. So if your doing motocross , it would be a great choice.
If you ride woods, you most likly will have to get the off set triple clamps (as he did) to make it handle the tights better.
The YZ rocks too. I think it can handle the woods a little better than the CRF.(both being in stock form that is)
hope that helps."

The yZ450 is a 4 speed. I dont know if the guys in the woods like that or not. you should ask this in the YZ forum. They would have great input for you.

• KRobWR250

Posted February 12, 2003 - 06:05 AM

I have ridden the CRF and an older YZ400, and based on what I could tell, and what I read in the Dirt Rider "250" shootout, the CRF should be a better woods, trail, desert bike. Smoother roll on power, broad, strong power band without out a violent hit like the YZ. That all adds up to better, less tiring, woods riding, in my book. Having said that, I don't think I'd chose either for the woods. They both have their limitations for those applications. Go WR, EX/C, or wait for the CRF-X. Just my .02.

If you're talkin' MX.......uhhh I don't know. You might want to post on the YZ Forum like the last poster suggested.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.