Added Steahly 9.3oz and bike won't idle now!

2 replies to this topic
  • writebrian

Posted February 14, 2009 - 02:39 PM

Added the flywheel weight and now bike won't idle properly. If you pull in the clutch you get very low idle/stall (opposite of what the weight was supposed to do). :lol: If you raise the idle to compensate, sometimes it drops to the right point and sometimes it screams at 2000 RPM.

Are any jetting/fuel/air adjustments needed after adding a flywheel weight normally? Are there any other steps I need to get my bike to like the added weight?

Any help appreciated. Want to get her running today!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2009 - 05:34 PM

As I understand this, the bike ran OK just prior to installing the flywheel. IF that's true, You might want to take the flywheel off to check whether you have dislodged the Woodruff key, allowing the flywheel to be mis-indexed, or damaged the trigger coil that sends the spark timing signal to the CDI.

If this bike had developed these symptoms with your working on the flywheel, I would check for an air leak in the intake, or tight valves, along with trying to adjust the pilot screw.

• writebrian

Posted February 14, 2009 - 08:38 PM

Bike ran perfect prior to installation. Was actually just tuned up and valves done last 30 days. Will check those items.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.