XR650R fuel screw adjustment/stumble

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 11, 2003 - 09:01 PM

I am trying to fix a stumble my bike has when cruising at medium revs (55-60 km/h in 3rd gear - 15/48 gearing) the bike pops/stumbles when on the low speed jet. I have tried adjusting my fuel screw everywhere from 1 through 3 turns out and nothing seems to get rid of this. Do all XR650R's do this? Am I being to picky or can this be sorted? I have a 68S slow jet, 4th pos on B53E needle and a 175 main at sea level.

• Dutch

Posted February 12, 2003 - 03:26 AM

My guess is you are running too rich - try a leaner main jet,(easy to get to), first. My bet would be a leaner slow jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650Rrider

Posted February 12, 2003 - 06:22 AM

I'm setup the same except I run the needle in the middle (3rd) clip position. Main jet only effects above 1/2 throttle. You can check if your running lean or rich. Reach down and close the choke slightly, if it runs better then you were running lean, if it runs the same or worse then you are jetted rich.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 12, 2003 - 09:09 PM

I went to my Honda dealer. They gave me the "SHOP TALK" sheet from Honda made for the mechanics. It says to use a main jet part # 99101-357-1750, and a needle part # 16012-MBN-641, and the stock slow jet. The needle should be in the 4th position, and the fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out. So I put the stock (65S) slow jet in and turned the fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out. Voila! Bike starts better and cruises more smoothly. I am at sea-level. I hope this helps somebody.

• XR650Rrider

Posted February 13, 2003 - 04:45 AM

Here is a link to the original Honda document "The Wrench".
http://autos.groups....s/thewrench.jpg It lists all of the recommended modifications for closed course use. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/ and join the XR650R group. There is a jetting database and about 15,000 posts you can search in the archive.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.