rad lowering kit question

5 replies to this topic
  • PAdaytonaman

Posted February 14, 2009 - 06:43 AM

Does anyone have a picture of the radiator hose coming out of the water pump, post lowering kit install. I also put on the boyesen water pump. I am concerned that the short hose is at a sharp angle after lowering the radiators. I have gotten the hose smooth, but its not a gentle curve.

Gray, if you read this, what other options do you have here.

thanks

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2009 - 09:03 AM

I've never dealt with lowering the radiators. The tube exiting the pump is steel, however, which would leave the fabrication of a modified tube wide open.

• NortonMoto

Posted February 14, 2009 - 10:33 AM

I just installed a boyesen water pump & DR.D lowering kit and had same concern with very sharp angle, Cut 1/4 inch of hose and it will be A tight fit. If you want to see A picture of mine email me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PAdaytonaman

Posted February 14, 2009 - 12:09 PM

any cooling issues yet?

It looks goofy, but I guess it'll be OK

• honda597

Posted February 15, 2009 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Not sure if this helps. I had to trim the hose that gopes onto the pump by 1/2 an inch.

• PAdaytonaman

Posted February 16, 2009 - 05:43 AM

thanks for the pic,

similar to mine. Thanks again

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.