powder coating wheels

3 replies to this topic
  • yamaha2004r6

Posted February 14, 2009 - 05:47 AM

hi has any one ever tried powder coat there wheels and spokes??

ive just brought a 2nd hand set of wheels for my :worthy: wr400 as ive bent the last one and my mate works for a powder coating company and owes me a few favours so i was thinking about having them powder coated in black.

Does it last ?
how did they look?
how does it hold up on the spokes?

any ideas on this would be great thanks :lol:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 14, 2009 - 07:04 AM

Does it last ?
how did they look?
how does it hold up on the spokes?

1) i wouldnt think so..my black excels that were anodized have scratches in them...so i can only imagine was pc would look like

2) they would look sick :lol: :worthy:

3) probably just fine...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • acarter92

Posted February 14, 2009 - 07:30 AM

A Powder coat is one of the toughest paints out there. So if anything would last it's a powder coat. It would definately look pretty bad a$$.

Austin

• yamaha2004r6

Posted February 15, 2009 - 02:26 PM

yer i think they would look a lot bet than standard esp as they wont cost any thing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.