aluminum subframe?

5 replies to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted February 13, 2001 - 05:58 PM

Right before I bought my 2000WR400 I read the 24 hour shootout in DIRTRIDER and they said that "New for 2000 was an aluminum subframe.". Mine came with a steel one as did one of my friends. That had a little to do with my buying decision and I was kinda ticked when I found it rusting :). Did we get ripped-did anyone get alum. on their 2000? Also, where can I get an alum. one?

------------------
DRZ400E: Where's the power on this thing?

• SFO

Posted February 13, 2001 - 06:30 PM

don't be bummed dude...
My 01 wr has a iron subframe too...

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted February 13, 2001 - 06:45 PM

Only the YZ 426 gets the Aluminum subframe, our lowly WR's do not. You can buy one from GYT or some aftermarket dealers though.

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted February 13, 2001 - 06:49 PM

OH DARN! Well now I have 1 more thing to put on the wishlist. Has anyone seen the new throttle tube from oberg sports? it's got a bearing in it and it is supposed to be slicker than a drz owners garage floor! they have sweet products! www.obergsports.com

------------------
DRZ400E: Where's the power on this thing?

• Scott_F

Posted February 13, 2001 - 09:34 PM

BBR makes a superb aluminum subframe for about 300.

• AZJeff_99WR400

Posted February 14, 2001 - 11:19 AM

Also of note in the weight-savings category for those with more money than brains:

BBR makes a COMPLETE aluminum frame/subframe to hold a WR/YZ motor. However, you need to have all the major CR components to put one together as this conversion is basically a Yamaha engine stuffed into a modified Honda CR250 frame. Quite spendy too, but I'll bet it really cooks!

When my rear brake lever got gooshed into a Led Zeppelin roachclip by yet another Arizona rock, I installed BBR's billet brake lever instead of another stocker. Money well spent boys, as it pivots on needle bearings and includes a "brake snake" cable as well for deterring wayward tree saplings.

BBR - a.k.a "God" for serious thumpheads!

------------------
Phoenix, Arizona - home of the Arizona Trail Riders and the Desert Mountain Enduro Series. Visit ATR at [URL=http://www.arizonatrailriders.org].

1999 WR400, street legal!, YZ timing, sans airbox lid, throttle stop trimmed, FMF oversized headpipe, Power Core IV-SA exhaust, Race Tech suspension, IMS YZ desert tank/seat combo, FMF 909 bars and grips, *Aluminum Bark Busters, *UFO hand guards, *Moose skidplate, *Scotts rear disc guard, *Acerbis front disc guard (*all items a must in AZ!), Water-Wetter in radiator. Billetanium hydraulic clutch and a Scotts steering damper is next...

[This message has been edited by AZJeff_99WR400 (edited 02-14-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.