Road alone this morning…radiator damaged!

1 reply to this topic
  • tk421

Posted July 30, 2002 - 12:01 PM

It rained the night before, so the trails were tacky this morning. Arrived at River View Park at 10:00 a.m.
3 full twists of the throttle, and one good kick the bike was running. It worked perfectly all morning, temps were in the upper 70’s.

Got home and power washed the bike off and noticed the shifter side radiator had a nasty hole in it.
Thank goodness it wasn’t leaking! Surprising thing was I was the only rider this morning...the rock came from my front wheel.

I found out the hard way that the stock radiator guards don’t work very well! :)

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: tk421 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted July 30, 2002 - 12:29 PM

Rad Guards are VERY cheap insurance.

Check out:

I have been told they are very nice units.

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.