selling an 07 wr450 what to ask ????

12 replies to this topic
  • kodiak7

Posted February 12, 2009 - 08:22 PM

I have an 07 wr450 with an fmf 4.1 carbon slip-on, ss oil filter, several air filters, acerbis handguards, brand new maxxis desert it tires, totally uncorked and runs great, jd jet kit.... installed, 3 rear springs, 2 sets of front springs, good chain and sprockets ...etc it has about a year and a half of moderate riding on it and i take perfect care of it, but im not sure how much to ask for it..... any ideas? thanks for the help!!!!!!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 12, 2009 - 08:27 PM

I have an 07 wr450 with an fmf 4.1 carbon slip-on, ss oil filter, several air filters, acerbis handguards, brand new maxxis desert it tires, totally uncorked and runs great, jd jet kit.... installed, 3 rear springs, 2 sets of front springs, good chain and sprockets ...etc it has about a year and a half of moderate riding on it and i take perfect care of it, but im not sure how much to ask for it..... any ideas? thanks for the help!!!!!!

3500-3800 if your lucky...

• BajaFool

Posted February 12, 2009 - 08:55 PM

Kelly Blue Book http://www.kbb.com. Open the link then click on motorcycles and follow the prompts. Accessories are worth about 20 percent of retail. Reasonable asking price is about halfway between wholesale and retail.

• coloradobrad

Posted February 13, 2009 - 08:10 AM

I bought an 07 wr450 bone stock for $3700 last fall.
I sold my 03 wr450 for $3300 this winter.

I really think it depends on the buyer. I was shocked to sell my 03 for that in the middle of winter. FWIW, I used craigslist.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 13, 2009 - 08:15 AM

Not in the NW... I am buying a plated 07' from a guy in Idaho for $5,500, less than 10 hrs, dual sport kit but otherwise stock.

I'll be selling the current 07' I own here in WA, not low hours, free mods basic bolt ons but I have taken all the other $ stuff off.... I will be taking no less than $4,900 for it and the market here will support that especially in the spring...

$3,500 - $3,800 will buy you an 04' up here maybe. And if you post in the Canadian CL, you'll get more$ as well.

I strongly suggest pricing according to regional market, instead of asking around in here:prof:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 13, 2009 - 08:17 AM

I strongly suggest pricing according to regional market

well put...and you are correct it all comes down to supply and demand (or in some cases if it can be plated!) :lol:

the other thing to keep in mind is the price of new bikes...i bought my 08 for 6100 otd door...so the only way i would by a used bike would be for a price the is alot less then new...

And SJMC...we all know how Washington is like CA when it comes to plates:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djv5

Posted February 13, 2009 - 10:52 AM

I sold my plated 2003 WR450 with 10,000 miles for $3,000 last summer, and bought a new 2007 WR450 leftover for $6,000 OTD.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 13, 2009 - 11:01 AM

And SJMC...we all know how Washington is like CA when it comes to plates:banghead:

Yep... the only way to do it is buy a bike from out of state where they class it as a M/C on the title... that way you fool the DOL here in WA when you transfer it into your name.

The fact that the one I am looking at already has a DS kit on it and less than 10 hours and I am hoping the seller will meet me half way on the 6 1/2 hour drive makes the 5,500 worth it... plus I am able to transfer all the expensive goodies off of my current 07' onto this one makes it worth while.

I don't know why but bikes are still worth more up here, even in this economy. We have Boeing and Microsoft up here still pumping into the economy but it has slowed down some... new bike prices are still up there. I have buddy that just bought a new Husaberg 450 $$$$$$$$$$.

• nfoley

Posted February 13, 2009 - 08:44 PM

I sold my 2003 WR450 here in Arizona for $3200. Probably pretty similar market. I think I would be asking for around $5000 if I were you. Mine sold in a week on craigslist, and had 2 more calls before I could pull the ad. I think the WR holds its value pretty good in the southwest!

• jams229

Posted February 14, 2009 - 11:38 AM

Not in the NW... I am buying a plated 07' from a guy in Idaho for $5,500, less than 10 hrs, dual sport kit but otherwise stock.

I'll be selling the current 07' I own here in WA, not low hours, free mods basic bolt ons but I have taken all the other $ stuff off.... I will be taking no less than $4,900 for it and the market here will support that especially in the spring...

$3,500 - $3,800 will buy you an 04' up here maybe. And if you post in the Canadian CL, you'll get more$ as well.

I strongly suggest pricing according to regional market, instead of asking around in here:prof:

Don, why are you selling your '07 for another '07? Does it come down to hours, or do you have other reasons? Do you not want an '08 or '09?
Just curious - thanks, Jim.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 14, 2009 - 12:03 PM

Don, why are you selling your '07 for another '07? Does it come down to hours, or do you have other reasons? Do you not want an '08 or '09?
Just curious - thanks, Jim.

Ultimately, I cannot plate the WR I own now in WA state.

I can "import" one from Idaho and because of the lack of a few key words on the title, I can get the bike plated here in WA:bonk:

I have almost two full race seasons on my 07', yes it's in great shape, well maintained but it has more than "a few" hi-revving hours on it:busted:

I see no compelling reason to buy an 08' or 09'... I can live without the bold new graphics and black side covers on the engine. Especially if I can get a low hour 07' set up the way I want it:thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted February 14, 2009 - 12:17 PM

Ultimately, I cannot plate the WR I own now in WA state.

I can "import" one from Idaho and because of the lack of a few key words on the title, I can get the bike plated here in WA:bonk:

I have almost two full race seasons on my 07', yes it's in great shape, well maintained but it has more than "a few" hi-revving hours on it:busted:

I see no compelling reason to buy an 08' or 09'... I can live without the bold new graphics and black side covers on the engine. Especially if I can get a low hour 07' set up the way I want it:thumbsup:

Yep. Motorcycle instead of off-road:thumbsup:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 14, 2009 - 09:53 PM

Yep. Motorcycle

thats what mine says :worthy: :lol:

I can live without the bold new graphics and black side covers on the engine.

if i could have it my way, i would go with out the black side covers...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.