MC signs with KTM????

28 replies to this topic
  • StreetMoto

Posted July 31, 2002 - 08:44 PM

quote:
-------
Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:
It's only a matter of time before we see MC doing desert races and GNCC's, just like the other MX retirees....
Bonzai

--------------

Speaking of SX/MX retirees, did you guys see Guy Cooper in the motocross nationals last week? He was on fire! I think he ended up with a top 10 finish overall and was up front in the mix for a while. totaly fun to watch.

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 01, 2002 - 03:53 AM

Also Doug Henry and Dubach resisted the AMA ruling, as in NASCAR its a stupid rule

• S_Phillips

Posted August 01, 2002 - 04:44 AM

YES YES, hats off to Guy Cooper 40+ and still hitting it hard :) :D

• Ga426owner

Posted August 01, 2002 - 09:03 PM

EGO, you are right. That is a stupid rule. I forgot that the AMA changed this. MC should not carry the #2 plate as I see it. He does not deserve it.......Another example of stupidity in the AMA.....You should wear what you earn & deserve at that level....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 01, 2002 - 09:38 PM

I also heard a while back that the AMA was trying to make every win in Motocross a overall championship.

In other words, if you overalled Red Bud then you were the #1 plate holder for that race. Same with each and every other race in the series.
Their idea was that there would be no more overall winner for the series but a individual "champion" for each race. :)

I think this idea may have gotten nixed since I havent heard anything else about it in a while. (thanks goodness)

Someone needs to pull their head out and stop trying to think up new ways to ruin MX.

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 01, 2002 - 10:02 AM

No way--- are you sure

Man that is right out of the politicly correct crowd.......

One champ each race no points just over all.

Thats like handing everyone a freaking ribbon at the end of baseball tournament after the poor kids just played a straight week and kicked butt.

Ohhman were doomed if that is true.

Ya know what thats all about money. The freaking sponsers want there name up in lights so those that can get up on the podum so they started to freaking whine

[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• MOmilkman

Posted August 01, 2002 - 10:37 AM

EGO,

This was something a heard about 6 months ago on some website. I cant remember where but it was a reliable source type website.

Im sure whoevers idea it was they were kicked in the groin and tossed into the nearest river with a cement coffin.

If this was a true story then your right, the almighty buck is always behind it.

• DPW

Posted August 01, 2002 - 10:59 AM

Originally posted by bman:
I believe we are showing our age if you even know who Brad Lackey is.

Darn I know who he is.

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 01, 2002 - 01:01 PM

from MXA:

JEREMY MCGRATH
After riding for every Japanese bike manufacturer in the big four (Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha), the winningest rider in Supercross history might be looking for a change of scenery. While talking with Team McGrath manager and MXA wrecking crew member Larry Brooks, he informed us that Jeremy was in the process of testing out the brand new KTM 250 bike. It may seem shocking to many people, but KTM has put forth a ton of effort to launch their 250 team for next season. Signing Grant Langston to the big bike was an excellent move on KTM’s part, not only because Grant shows a lot of promise, but also for the fact that Grant is well accustomed to the KTM team and machinery. The only pitfall in McGrath’s possible plan for joining the Austrian team would be conflicting drink sponsorships. Red Bull is the main backing behind the KTM team, and McGrath had signed a multiple year deal with Bud Light from last season. The only foreseeable possibility would be for McGrath to take on factory KTM backing, but not actually being on the team (which would make sense since McGrath wants his own team anyway).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.