MC signs with KTM????

Maybe Brad Lackey could ride with that stuffed dove on his bars like he used to in his prime. Which was a really long time ago. I believe we are showing our age if you even know who Brad Lackey is.

Just because we remember Bad Brad does not mean we are old! Lets see Grossi Bros, Weinert, West, Tripes, Smith, Howerton, Destefino, Magoo, Rich Eirchsted, Mikkola, Carlqvist, Aberg, Everts, Robert, Weil, Wolsink, the mind is wonderful sometimes. Oh yeh whats his name DECOSTER.

For some good reading check out the new RACERX have a great interview with Jim Pomeroy.

Now if ABC would just put out DVD'S of the great USA World GP'S at Carlsbad & the Superbikers I would be a happy camper ?

I'd read where MC was testing KTM's and reportedly, was pretty impressed with the bikes. Speculation at that time was that he wouldn't sign with KTM. I've checked RacerX, Cycle News and the KTM site. No word of MC signing. IMHO, that makes it still a rumour, albeit one that might come true, but still a rumour.

Merf

Figure that Mcgrath is in his twilite years of his carrer, he is most likely signed to ride as R&D (Research and Developement) two years is about right to get a bike at the level for a say Carmicheal ??????.

Much Like what Randy Mamola in RR has done for Cagiva, Team Roberts and so on.

Dowd is doing the same thing for KTM in the thumper arena. Plus you figure the 2 smokers only have a few years left in competive racing in America...

Originally posted by Ga426owner:

I guess MC can say goodbye to that #2 plate.......regardless of what color he rides for 2003. I think he would be a good choice for KTM.

Goodbye to #2? I don't think so. The AMA adopted NASCAR rules. As long as you score points in MX or SX, you keep your number. One reason Doug Henry rides a race every year.

MC has riden for Team Green, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki... all that is missing a ride on the "Great Pumpkin".

quote:

-------

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:

It's only a matter of time before we see MC doing desert races and GNCC's, just like the other MX retirees....

Bonzai

--------------

Speaking of SX/MX retirees, did you guys see Guy Cooper in the motocross nationals last week? He was on fire! I think he ended up with a top 10 finish overall and was up front in the mix for a while. totaly fun to watch.