MC signs with KTM????

28 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted July 30, 2002 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image
Has anyone heard anything about this yet???

Darin

• S_Phillips

Posted July 30, 2002 - 09:33 PM

no but I did hear that charmichael was gonna be riding the CRF450...........That should be some entertainment :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 30, 2002 - 09:41 PM

I heard the Decoster Fired Patstrami

and is looking to hire Ricky Johnson or Jeff Ward

or his old buddie Bad Brad Lackey

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• bman

Posted July 30, 2002 - 05:54 PM

Maybe Brad Lackey could ride with that stuffed dove on his bars like he used to in his prime. Which was a really long time ago. I believe we are showing our age if you even know who Brad Lackey is.

• Unkle_Moose

Posted July 30, 2002 - 07:18 PM

Just because we remember Bad Brad does not mean we are old! Lets see Grossi Bros, Weinert, West, Tripes, Smith, Howerton, Destefino, Magoo, Rich Eirchsted, Mikkola, Carlqvist, Aberg, Everts, Robert, Weil, Wolsink, the mind is wonderful sometimes. Oh yeh whats his name DECOSTER.

For some good reading check out the new RACERX have a great interview with Jim Pomeroy.

Now if ABC would just put out DVD'S of the great USA World GP'S at Carlsbad & the Superbikers I would be a happy camper :)

• Merfman

Posted July 31, 2002 - 03:55 AM

I'd read where MC was testing KTM's and reportedly, was pretty impressed with the bikes. Speculation at that time was that he wouldn't sign with KTM. I've checked RacerX, Cycle News and the KTM site. No word of MC signing. IMHO, that makes it still a rumour, albeit one that might come true, but still a rumour.

Merf

• lewichris

Posted July 31, 2002 - 04:04 AM

MC??????????????????

• YZeezee

Posted July 31, 2002 - 04:56 AM

Jeremy McGrath...

• lewichris

Posted July 31, 2002 - 05:58 AM

ah so JM not MC and i dont think he can win anymore whatever he rides.lol RC way to good.

• S_Phillips

Posted July 31, 2002 - 06:18 AM

LC ?????? :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 31, 2002 - 06:51 AM

I guess MC can say goodbye to that #2 plate.......regardless of what color he rides for 2003. I think he would be a good choice for KTM.

• lewichris

Posted July 31, 2002 - 06:52 AM

MC HAMMER is on the pro tour. wow

• MOmilkman

Posted July 31, 2002 - 07:31 AM

Vanilla Ice rides. Why not MC hammer???

THat would be a sweet halftime show for the US Open of SX. Kinda like the celebrity boxing on fox. :)

• stanley

Posted July 31, 2002 - 07:34 AM

Originally posted by lewichris:
MC HAMMER is on the pro tour. wow

Yeah, right between Puff Daddy and Vanilla Ice.

:)

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 31, 2002 - 07:46 AM

LL Cool J Signes with ATK
MC Hammer signes with CCM
lil bow-wow signs with TTL = Tonka Toys limited

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 31, 2002 - 08:34 AM

http://www.motoworld...ath_to_ktm.html

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 31, 2002 - 08:39 AM

Figure that Mcgrath is in his twilite years of his carrer, he is most likely signed to ride as R&D (Research and Developement) two years is about right to get a bike at the level for a say Carmicheal ??????.
Much Like what Randy Mamola in RR has done for Cagiva, Team Roberts and so on.

Dowd is doing the same thing for KTM in the thumper arena. Plus you figure the 2 smokers only have a few years left in competive racing in America...

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 31, 2002 - 09:26 PM

It's only a matter of time before we see MC doing desert races and GNCC's, just like the other MX retirees....

Bonzai :)

• Merfman

Posted July 31, 2002 - 09:30 PM

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:
It's only a matter of time before we see MC doing desert races and GNCC's, just like the other MX retirees....

Bonzai :)

Pah! He won't even ride outdoor MX! :D

Merf

• Kev_XR

Posted July 31, 2002 - 11:48 AM

Originally posted by Ga426owner:
I guess MC can say goodbye to that #2 plate.......regardless of what color he rides for 2003. I think he would be a good choice for KTM.

Goodbye to #2? I don't think so. The AMA adopted NASCAR rules. As long as you score points in MX or SX, you keep your number. One reason Doug Henry rides a race every year.

MC has riden for Team Green, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki... all that is missing a ride on the "Great Pumpkin".

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.