Anything out there to protect the case?

1 reply to this topic
  • 03zq8

Posted February 12, 2009 - 09:15 AM

I wrecked my 400 pretty bad last year and broke the case. I've since parted it out and picked up an 06 450. I do a lot of aggressive woods riding and have contact with the occasional tree. Is there any product out there than could have prevented this from happening? I'd like to not do this again... haha.

My 400 case:
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 12, 2009 - 09:27 AM

I wrecked my 400 pretty bad last year and broke the case. I've since parted it out and picked up an 06 450. I do a lot of aggressive woods riding and have contact with the occasional tree. Is there any product out there than could have prevented this from happening? I'd like to not do this again... haha.

My 400 case:
Posted Image

Alright, I have a simple solution for you. Moose racing sells an awesome skidplate that has protection for that very same spot on both sides of the bike. The waterpump is protected and co is the flywheel cover. Of course nothing is foolproof, but this is by far a good looking and working skid. They run $100 for everything and I have been running one on my 426 for a year now and have bashed it pretty good with no dents to show. Awesome plate. Made of high quality alluminum.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.