Triple clamp torque specs?

6 replies to this topic
  • DrzDasher

Posted February 12, 2009 - 06:27 AM

Installing my forks and I have yet to get a manual. 04 450, was wondering what the torque specs were for the triples, thanks in advance.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 12, 2009 - 07:04 AM

Installing my forks and I have yet to get a manual. 04 450, was wondering what the torque specs were for the triples, thanks in advance.

15 ft lbs...i believe

here is a link to your manual

http://www.yamahaown...TJ-28199-41.pdf

Posted Image

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 12, 2009 - 01:13 PM

Remember, those are LUBRICATED torque specs. You might break an old dry bolt if you torque to spec, and steel bolts in aluminum corrode, so be careful.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CheYuen

Posted February 12, 2009 - 02:50 PM

LUBRICATED torque specs

?? What does this mean? Should I be applying some sort of lube upon reassembly?

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 12, 2009 - 03:58 PM

17lbs upper 14lbs lower as illustrated above.. (albeit I just do 17 on both (lazy). For years I did not even know what a torque wrench was for!

And yeah, whats a "lubricated torque spec"? :lol:

• acarter92

Posted February 12, 2009 - 05:33 PM

Put a little dab of grease on the bolts. Especially when using a steel bolt on alluminum or vise versa. It keeps corrosion down. Austin

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 12, 2009 - 08:26 PM

?? What does this mean? Should I be applying some sort of lube upon reassembly?

Steel against aluminum causes electrolysis based corrosion. Not treated, it will give you false torque wrench readings, and eventually, seize the bolt.
Any time you remove a bolt that is not going into steel, you need to put anti seize on it. Swingarm chain adjusters are the biggest culprit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.