Dade City MX Track

33 replies to this topic
  • SM421

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:40 PM

I've never been to Dade City Mx track. Was thinking of giving it a try on a Thursday night for something different.

Can some give me a brief report on the track. Is it worth traveling 80+ miles for 3 hours of ride time? Is it open riding for 3 hours or do they break it up into classes? Is the track challenging enough for a B level rider?

Any feed back would be appreciated.

• 03sik50

Posted February 11, 2009 - 08:07 PM

very short practice times on Thursdays. I live an hour and a half away and I must say its not worth it. Track is always different which is a plus and its always fast and safe yet still fun. thats my input

• krisrtch

Posted February 12, 2009 - 04:20 AM

Stay away!!!!

• mxpilot43

Posted February 12, 2009 - 05:12 AM

i would say if you want to meet one of the biggest pricks you'll ever meet in your whole entire life then go.

• bill petitt

Posted February 12, 2009 - 08:02 AM

I live 5 minutes from there. I wont waste the time. Especially on Thursdays. It is 3 hours divided into a million classes. One lined. Looks like a dang parade. You will get on track maybe 3 or 4 times. All tables, with no peaks, and there always seems to be one single somewhere on the track. Race? Maybe. Drive 2 hours for a practice night? NO WAY !!

• jasonpearee

Posted February 13, 2009 - 09:37 AM

80+ miles for a Thursday practice night at Dade City = HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... :banghead:

If your a B rider I have a sweet practice track in Brooksville "Area51" that I can invite you to come to... Just PM me and i'll give you some info... Over a mile long track with huge jumps and no set practices, worth driving the 80+ miles for...:lol: :worthy:

• leafers826

Posted February 14, 2009 - 01:30 PM

If Dade City was the only MX track in Florida I would sell my bike!!! I live 45 minutes from there and would rather travel 3 hours to ride anywhere else.

• Suzy03DR-Z400S Lover

Posted February 15, 2009 - 08:44 AM

+2 on the Prick Warning.

Randy Yoho is a cork soaker of the first degree.

My son and I will never go back.

• flowersj

Posted April 08, 2009 - 04:53 PM

Don't listen to these goofs that say bad things about Randy. He is trying to create a family oriented environment and doesn't tolerate POOR BEHAVIOR. The guy bitching about his dad getting yelled at for his speed, well he was riding too fast, it is posted EVERYWHERE about speed in the pits. Half of the classes raced at dade city are children's classes and there ar a lot of kids around, Randy preaches SAFETY FIRST.

You need to be aware that these bitchers were probably the ones that couldn't stay within the rule parameters.

James "Buba" Stewart, Chad Reed, Kyle Chisholm, and Ricky Carmichael all pretty much began here! That's some kind of success!

The track is great and is kept care of. Randy changes it frequently to keep it "fresh". As far as practice on Thursday goes, kids (youth) practice starts at 4:30PM and goes 'til 7PM. The other classes begin at 7P and run 'til 10P.

If you've got a kid interested in learning MX, this is the place. If you're a bitcher, like the ones represented here, STAY AWAY!

Check out www.dadecitymx.com for details.

• leafers826

Posted April 10, 2009 - 04:05 PM

My post has nothing to do with the owner, as I have never met him. In fact I am all for controlled speeds in the pits since my wife and 3 year old are usually at the track with me. My input was based on my personal experience of riding that track. I spent 40+ dollars, spent all evening, and rode less than 30 minutes on a tight, poorly layed out track. I would much rather ride Bartow, Thundercross, Area 51, Bostwick, or Waldo. I am not a "bitcher", I am giving an honest opinion that seems to be shared by many riders in the area.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddyer32000

Posted April 10, 2009 - 05:10 PM

All the bad is true,don't go.

• flowersj

Posted April 11, 2009 - 02:47 PM

Don't know how you spent $40+, the fee schedule is as follows, costs $10 to ride, oh and a membership ($25 good for a YEAR) so maybe you spent $35, but next time it'll be $10. Just like any sport, start up costs are a beeach!!!!!!!! Like I said, some of the BEST or the best got their start there, if you don't like, go to Croom where you can take your life in everyone else's hands!...AND BTW, I wasn't, before, referring to you, specifically, as a bitcher, but now ("If Dade City was the only MX track in Florida I would sell my bike!!!"), I think I should have...

THURSDAY NIGHT PRACTICE

Thursday Night Practice Fees

Adults and all riders $10.00
Children 5-11 $5.00

No charge to practice

Membership required

• mxpilot43

Posted April 12, 2009 - 04:54 AM

it seems to me your the only one on here sniffing yoho's butt. ive never had a run in with him but ive seen how he treats peolple and its hard for normal people who dont sniff hiss ass to tolerate. most times he doesnt have to act like that towards people. he really thinks he's something because he has a track, take that away and what do you have? an elitist, narcisistic, egomaniac, *******. if he would just step down off this pedistal you and him has himself on it would be better, he has a track thats all.

• vra36tfs

Posted April 12, 2009 - 05:25 AM

I've never been to Dade City Mx track. Was thinking of giving it a try on a Thursday night for something different.

Can some give me a brief report on the track. Is it worth traveling 80+ miles for 3 hours of ride time? Is it open riding for 3 hours or do they break it up into classes? Is the track challenging enough for a B level rider?

Any feed back would be appreciated.

I vote that you go there (as an objective rider) and give us your full & honest report. :p

Besides, how long does it take to cover 80+ miles in Florida?
About 1.5 hours...two hours max.

The worst thing that could happen is that you don't like it - but, you decided that by yourself. And you won't go back....

If you do like it - great! You'll be glad you went and got the experience.

• bill petitt

Posted April 12, 2009 - 03:31 PM

For the record, I never said anything about the way the track is run. His turn out is tremendous and he has a heck of a program going!! 25 years and not getting closed down says something. He has figured it out, somehow. BUT.......My opinion of the track for PRACTICE, still stands. I love the expanded track set up, but the regular track just ain't my thing. I agree with the person who gave the advise of: go and check for yourself and give us a report.
Everyone has different taste

Don't listen to these goofs that say bad things about Randy. He is trying to create a family oriented environment and doesn't tolerate POOR BEHAVIOR. The guy bitching about his dad getting yelled at for his speed, well he was riding too fast, it is posted EVERYWHERE about speed in the pits. Half of the classes raced at dade city are children's classes and there ar a lot of kids around, Randy preaches SAFETY FIRST.

You need to be aware that these bitchers were probably the ones that couldn't stay within the rule parameters.

James "Buba" Stewart, Chad Reed, Kyle Chisholm, and Ricky Carmichael all pretty much began here! That's some kind of success!

The track is great and is kept care of. Randy changes it frequently to keep it "fresh". As far as practice on Thursday goes, kids (youth) practice starts at 4:30PM and goes 'til 7PM. The other classes begin at 7P and run 'til 10P.

If you've got a kid interested in learning MX, this is the place. If you're a bitcher, like the ones represented here, STAY AWAY!

Check out www.dadecitymx.com for details.

• Goose281

Posted April 12, 2009 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, Dade City MX pretty much SUX. Sorry Flowers

• eardragger733

Posted April 12, 2009 - 06:49 PM

it seems to me your the only one on here sniffing yoho's butt. ive never had a run in with him but ive seen how he treats peolple and its hard for normal people who dont sniff hiss ass to tolerate. most times he doesnt have to act like that towards people. he really thinks he's something because he has a track, take that away and what do you have? an elitist, narcisistic, egomaniac, *******. if he would just step down off this pedistal you and him has himself on it would be better, he has a track thats all.

Actually he has two tracks, several CNC mills and lathes, and several patends that I won't tell you about because I am sure you probably own a couple of them. But other than that, thats all.

I suggest the trip as well to make your own decision.

• mxpilot43

Posted April 13, 2009 - 04:40 AM

oh i get it. its the mills and lathes that allows him to treat people like that, it all makes sense now thanks for clearing that up for me.

• BHECTUS

Posted April 13, 2009 - 08:25 AM

oh i get it. its the mills and lathes that allows him to treat people like that, it all makes sense now thanks for clearing that up for me.

:p :lol: :cry:

• flowersj

Posted April 13, 2009 - 09:27 AM

You all wouldn't like your drill sargeant either until what he taught you saves your @$$ in battle!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.