Need some info on home built Dual Sport Kit.....

43 replies to this topic
  • chipwich

Posted February 16, 2009 - 06:24 AM

Don't know, but you could put it in the same circuit as the ignition button, which would accomplish the same thing.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 16, 2009 - 07:20 AM

Does anyone know if a WR450 will kick start if the battery is disconnected?

it will start but wont run very well...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spidennis

Posted February 16, 2009 - 07:57 AM

I have found that nothuing lasts. Just get it together to pass the inspection. I have the B/D light/bracket on mine. It hasnt broken off yet, many crashes. I think its the only thing left from my d/s that still works.

hey there johnnyjeep! how's it going? it's been awhile since I've seen you around here? still got that big tank? I'm about to put mine back on for a trip into Big Bend, tx.

and to pass inspection I've got just about the most ugly setup i think I've ever seen! I used an old license plate ...... and part/piece from the last fix/repair ...
but based on how this works out I'll fab something nicer,
.... maybe even with blinkers?

Posted Image

• 05-WR450F

Posted February 17, 2009 - 03:44 AM

it will start but wont run very well...

Where does the power come from for the spark? Does the Rectifier/Regulator run only to the battery or does it also run to the coil?

Don't know, but you could put it in the same circuit as the ignition button, which would accomplish the same thing.

I'm trying to minimize modifying the stock harness. Cutting power at this point would keep all lights from working and bike from starting.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.