06 Yz450 Stopper Lever Assembly?

4 replies to this topic
  • acehole

Posted February 11, 2009 - 04:43 PM

Found Tiny Tiny Bearings Stuck To My Magnetic Drain Plug. A Couple People Have Told Me It's My Stopper Lever Assembly. Any Ideas And If So How Hard To Change? Splitting The Cases?

• grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:56 PM

Item 6 below. It's behind the clutch under the right crankcase cover. You will need to disassemble the shifting ratchet assembly in order to access it. Try to account for as many of the 9 balls as you can. You may want to go as far as to remove the ignition cover so you can see the pickup screen in behind the crank and sweep it with a magnet.

Replace it with a 2S2-18140-10-00 for an '07.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • acehole

Posted February 12, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hey thanks...Do I have to split the cases or can I access from Crank Side?

• grayracer513

Posted February 12, 2009 - 07:39 AM

I thought the crank was on both sides.

No need to split the cases. Remove the right side case cover and the clutch assembly, shift shaft, and ratchet assembly. The ratchet assembly has two small plungers and springs in it that are easy to loose control of. Don't let them escape.

• acehole

Posted February 12, 2009 - 08:02 AM

That was my meaning Clutch / Crank Case. I appreciate the help though I did find 7 or 8 of those things along with 2 ribbed rings that look like they hold the bearings in place.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.