on line part numer list or pdf

10 replies to this topic
  • WReckless

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:38 AM

i used to have a part number list for all the factory part numbers. i used it in conjunction with my owners and service manuals to buy my parts and decrease dealership parts counter mistakes. i need some o-rings for my carb, 2000 wr400, and i would like to know if anyone knows a reliable site to down load or print the part numbers out. i have been told to change out the acell pump with a honda pump and get a new set of honda needles. are those generic numbers or are they going to have to be specific. thanks for all the help. i would love to ride next weekend but when the carb is pouring fuel out it's a little unsafe!

• WR450FGreg

Posted February 11, 2009 - 10:28 AM

Check out the"WR Performance Index" above.

There's a link there to parts lists.

• timoyz1

Posted February 11, 2009 - 11:48 AM

I use the TT Store.

• erickdj

Posted February 11, 2009 - 12:10 PM

you can download a parts catalog pdf that looks like the owner's manual pdf, it can be downloaded from the Mexico Yamaha website. I got one for my yz and one for my wr from there. I printed it out and put it in a 3-ring binder for use in the garage. Really handy to have that.

• WReckless

Posted February 11, 2009 - 01:55 PM

hey thanks for the help guys. i will try the mexican pdf down load. i tried the performance index link above and it took me to a site selling manuals for toyotas and yamahas but you had to buy them. as for the tt store love it, however i have a friend that is in parts sales and gets me the factory parts for cost plus 10% kinda hard to beat. thanks again for the help i have been down for 6 months and i hope this is the last stumbling block i have. I NEED TO RIDE OR I'M GONNA KILL SOMEONE!! i'm sure you know what i mean.

whoa update...i just clicked on the tt store link and found what i was looking for! too much work stress not enough brapppp!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WReckless

Posted February 11, 2009 - 03:55 PM

ok i found three of the four that i need. the fourth does not have a exploded view. the last seal/o-ring i need goes from the part of the carb that the bowl attaches to the carb, not the bowl gasket, and where that part bolts to the main body of the carb under the inlet port. i'm having a hard time explaining it. there is a gasket/ o-ring on the main body of the carb that does not show a gasket or even that it comes apart. the best way for me to describe it is if it was on a car. if the car had a two piece oil pan and the bowl was the lower sump, it is the seal between the oil pan and the block not the sump and the pan. there is a spacer between the main body of the carb and the bowl i need to find the gasket/o-ring that goes between the top of the spacer and the carb. man it would be easier if i could point at it. thanks again the thing that is killing me is i spent 200.00 for the plate that goes over the vac control valve and the gasket and my buddy just found me a complete carb for 250.00:banghead:

i used the link that timoyz1 posted thanks again guys

• jandmsuburban7

Posted February 12, 2009 - 09:30 AM

Try this on for size.

• WReckless

Posted February 12, 2009 - 10:26 AM

no not there either. thanks though much clearer on that link! i'll keep looking or take the carb to the dealer and have their parts guy look at it. i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride:ride:

• erickdj

Posted February 12, 2009 - 12:07 PM

no not there either. thanks though much clearer on that link! i'll keep looking or take the carb to the dealer and have their parts guy look at it. i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride:ride:

did you try the mexican site? The links others have provided are "web-based" diagrams. The pdf is more of a "book", you may have better luck with it.

• doctorchopper

Posted February 13, 2009 - 02:19 AM

try this one

• WReckless

Posted February 13, 2009 - 05:55 AM

still no exploded view of that part on the carb. i kicked it over and let it idle yesterday, fuel just trickled out it bogged and now it will only idle with the hot start on. sunday it would only idle with the choke on. i might just lay a bead of rtv on there and see what happens!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.