2003 450 spitting oil on header

2 replies to this topic
  • cavedan

Posted February 09, 2009 - 07:01 PM

There seems to be a plug missing on the upper right side of the head right next to where the header comes out of the motor. There seems to be a little pressure coming from the hole and it is spitting a litle bit of oil, enough to smoke on the header. I have no idea what that piece is or where to get one. I think maybe it was a rubber plug. New to the forum; please help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 09, 2009 - 07:55 PM

Welcome to TT!

Your decompression plug is gone. Yamaha used a cheap rubber plug thats known for blowing out.

You need a billet plug like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

• fastmike926

Posted February 09, 2009 - 08:09 PM

There seems to be a plug missing on the upper right side of the head right next to where the header comes out of the motor. There seems to be a little pressure coming from the hole and it is spitting a litle bit of oil, enough to smoke on the header. I have no idea what that piece is or where to get one. I think maybe it was a rubber plug. New to the forum; please help!

There it is there lefty I figured you would get an answer here.:)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.