'04 WR450 Oil Leak

4 replies to this topic
  • southerndirt

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:54 PM

Thanks in advance for any info. Just purchased low hours '04 WR450 and has slow drip of oil falling from bottom-inner radiator. It shows a creep within the fins, but also shows on frame. Could it be blowing from pressure release exit? I'm not sure, but assume that is the hole directly where the oil may be blowing.

Also, the handlebars were replaced recently. Could the pressure relief be engaged?

Thanks for your time!

• matt4x4

Posted February 10, 2009 - 06:05 AM

I think your plug might have come out of the manual Decompression hole which exists on your head but is plugged off due to having an auto decompression cam installed from the factory - you ARE talking about oil on the right side of the bike, correct?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • southerndirt

Posted February 10, 2009 - 09:49 AM

Thanks Matt.

Yes...right-side just above the exhaust connection and adjacent to bottom-left of radiator. I went out with light and mirror and looks like the hole is threaded, but hard to tell.

Sorry, manual ordered, but no here, yet.

• matt4x4

Posted February 10, 2009 - 10:42 AM

yamaha puts a plastic plug (like a frost plug) in there - you can buy a billet piece that stays in there.

This is for a quad, but i believe it fits.

• southerndirt

Posted February 11, 2009 - 07:08 AM

Thanks again, Matt.

I sent a message to the seller and asked if compatible. Man, I feel much better, now. Big thanks to you and the TT for saving me $$$!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.