Stainless oil filter

10 replies to this topic
  • ace402

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:10 PM

So the TT store stopped selling the Scotts stainless oil filter. Are the other brands that are out there just as good? Are there any quality issues with the other brands?

• rjcook450

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:48 PM

i have been using ready racing stainless filter on my 08 450f since after break in. i have 50 hrs. on it and have no problem, cleaning fliter every thrid oil change. only thing that i dont like is i have to loosten head pipe to get to it, drd. pipe sits lower than stock to allow radiator lowering kit to work.

• StPeters21

Posted February 09, 2009 - 03:09 PM

I have a ready racing filter and used it on my 06 since I bought it. I have around 250 hours on it...No probs here.

• grayracer513

Posted February 09, 2009 - 05:11 PM

Are the other brands that are out there just as good? Are there any quality issues with the other brands?

Not in my opinion, no.

CRT's have less filter media in them, and the seams are folded, not welded. The Allen screw that holds the bypass valve together can come loose.

Ready is made the wrong length, so it crushes slightly when using the stock cover. Their cover has problems with improperly cut O-ring grooves, leaking, smaller than stock oil passages, and lacks a tab to prevent the oil filter from being installed backward.

The Scotts is still the best one you can get, and it's worth the money. IMO.

• rjcook450

Posted February 09, 2009 - 05:34 PM

though i havent had any problems with my Ready filter and cover except i do have to be careful of O-ring now and then when installing, just thought that was part of it, after reading gray's reply i might just switch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrny426

Posted February 10, 2009 - 06:36 AM

The CRT is too long as well as being two piece I'll be gettig a Scotts next

• Ogener

Posted February 10, 2009 - 03:19 PM

I've been looking around cant seem to find a scotts Filter at any of the major parts places.

• jrny426

Posted February 10, 2009 - 03:37 PM

I know its RR or CRT around here Probably have to order it.

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted February 10, 2009 - 08:18 PM

Go to Scotts direct - http://www.scottsper...e=3&Bike=Yamaha

• duggiedirtbiker

Posted February 10, 2009 - 08:22 PM

i have the Scotts and its probably the best one you can get, and it's worth the money. IMO. its asome just cleaning and then put it back in, no more going to the store to buy a new one every oil change. oh and i got my friend to get one to...

• Ogener

Posted February 11, 2009 - 12:02 PM

Go to Scotts direct - http://www.scottsper...e=3&Bike=Yamaha

Alright Thank you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.