4 replies to this topic
  • Talonboy

Posted July 28, 2002 - 11:10 AM


I hit a tree yesterday and bent my left rad pretty badly. I have a 98 WR400, what other years/model radiator will fit on my WR? Is there any fixing one of these rads?

  • Dan_from_HB

Posted July 28, 2002 - 11:55 AM


Do a search here for radiators. There are several places that repair, Fontana Radiator in Fontana, Ca. Shirley Design in Huntington Beach, Ca. And an outfit in Utah, I believe. Your search will turn up addresses, etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted July 28, 2002 - 01:27 PM


i have 2002 yz250f radiators on my 98 wr400.i had to modify edge mounting plates where shroud bolts on.i also had to cut off part of plate to fit devol guards.

  • The_Missile

Posted July 29, 2002 - 01:25 AM


Who provides rad guards for 98 models ? I'm looking for the kind that envelops the rad at the top bottom front & side.....mine are beginning to look decidedly 'bowed'.


Posted July 29, 2002 - 02:46 AM


Flatland and Devol both make guards for the 98...same guard as the 99.

Here is the DEVOL model on my WR
Posted Image

And the Flatland Racing on my YZ
Posted Image

The only difference between the two is that the Rear brace is welded on the Flatland and Bolted on the Devol. I think one is just as good as the other...Crashed them both, and both have held up just fine.

Bonzai :)

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.