Scott Summers is flying our flag - (BRP)

5 replies to this topic
  • Dutch

Posted February 10, 2003 - 03:50 PM

http://www.cyclenews...HeadlineID=4344

What a MAN!

• XR/CRDave

Posted February 10, 2003 - 06:29 PM

Hope he can make a come back. Reading articles and seeing pics of him years ago is one of the reasons I bought my 95 XR600 even though many people told me 600's suck.

00 XR650 uncorked, Triple clamps w/pro tapers, IMS 4.6
01 CR250
95 XR600 Baja designs kit, stator rewound 200watts, FMF IV, porting/polish, renthals. (sold)
95 KX500

• Wilson-1

Posted February 10, 2003 - 07:40 PM

Scott Summers is an amazing animal of a man. He is by far the fastest woods XR-600 pilot ever. If he makes a serious effort at a come back watch out for him in the GNCC series. Could make things interesting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted February 11, 2003 - 03:28 AM

The main reason our beloved Pig evolved the way she did is because of Scott Summers. I can just see him sitting with designers and engineers at Honda, and they are listening to him very carefully. All the fans of the 600 and 650R & L bikes owe him a big thank you.

• TwinSparXR

Posted February 11, 2003 - 02:31 PM

I was at the Mid South harescramble he won 2 weeks ago, when he laped me he passes me so fast I almost missed him. My DAD watched him go by the pits several times and said his riding style looked efortless, like he was going slow, but he beat everybody.

• Clint_Key

Posted February 15, 2003 - 06:19 PM

Twin I was there too but I was watchin.I had the flu and shouldn't have even been there but I came to help out a bud.Scott can get the bars of 650 about 2 foot off the ground on flat ground doin S corners, he was doin this up at the start to warm up.It was very cool to see him there because I alway thought of the Mid south series just to be a little local thing.I watched the start then went down to the mud hole and I watched him make 3 laps through there and I watched a poor guy get knocked out when he crashed down at the far end of the mud hole.Then I went back to the truck and went to sleep, I really didn't feel good.There was no way I could have raced that race.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.