Alternative tanks?

5 replies to this topic
  • Jim_Bob

Posted February 10, 2003 - 03:11 PM

G'day. Has anyone tried using a fuel tank from a 98-00 yz125 or 250 (two stroke) on their Wrs? Do they fit? Might be an alternative to an expensive new item.
JB

• timvv51

Posted February 10, 2003 - 03:23 PM

I have a 2000 YZ250 and will have time to check by Thursday evening and will get back to you then if someone doesnt post before. The 250 tank holds less doesnt it? TIM

• Jim_Bob

Posted February 10, 2003 - 03:54 PM

Yes 7.5 litres as opposed to 12.5 in the Clarke tank I currently use. Thanks for the help.
JB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timvv51

Posted February 11, 2003 - 04:47 PM

Hi: First let me qualify by saying I have a 2000 YZ250 2 stroke and the 2003 WR 450 and the tanks arent even close. Sorry dude. Had a flat so I didnt get to ride as long as I hoped and checked it a day early. Tim

• cmore

Posted February 11, 2003 - 05:06 PM

did the clark tank make a noticable difference on the handling of the bike. I'm looking into buying clark or IMS?

• Jim_Bob

Posted February 12, 2003 - 12:22 AM

If you have got the stock "fat" tank then it will make a big difference. It is nice and narrow and gets you foward but in my opinion not foward enough. Plus the seat is a bit of a ski jump. Not that you should be sitting down of course. But from the Clarke tank I am getting a fuel range of 150km's. I just want something smaller and flater. If you want more info do a search. There is plenty of discusion on the Clark.
JB

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.