wr 400 shifting problems

1 reply to this topic
  • wr junky

Posted February 08, 2009 - 01:57 PM

Last time out trail riding my bike it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. I usually dont use the clutch when up shifting. I pulled the clutch in it still wouldnt shift so I slowed down, down shifted to 1st and tried it again and it was fine. Had the same problem 3 more times later that day.Any ideas fluid level is fine never had this problem before.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:02 PM

Last time out trail riding my bike it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. I usually dont use the clutch when up shifting. I pulled the clutch in it still wouldnt shift so I slowed down, down shifted to 1st and tried it again and it was fine. Had the same problem 3 more times later that day.Any ideas fluid level is fine never had this problem before.

You have bent or worn out shift forks. It happens. Not to hard to fix.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.