Quoted price on a WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • stanley

Posted July 27, 2002 - 01:11 PM

For those of you who have ordered a WR 450, what kind of deal are you getting (please post if it is pre tax or out the door etc...? My dealer says I can have one around September if I put a deposit down. I want the best deal possible before the money goes down.

• XRider

Posted July 27, 2002 - 02:53 PM

I was going to buy but changed my mind. I was quoted $6,450 OTD

• THUMPINGOOD

Posted July 28, 2002 - 06:58 AM

I live in Albany, N.Y. and just recently shopped around for the 2003 WR450F and the best price was $5999.00 at Troy City Garage, I had to put $300.00 down and it is going to be in around Nov./ Dec. Tried to talk the dealer down but no go, they know the next guy will just pay full plus its a 2003. SO in the end after freight, prep and tax it was $6667.92.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted July 28, 2002 - 10:09 AM

I was quoted $6,299.00. Out the door price will be around $6,650.00. I think it will be worth it.

• evl2evil

Posted July 28, 2002 - 05:56 PM

Any dealer that charges you a prep or setup fee is ripping you off!!The factory's pay the dealers for doing this,alot of dealers get away with doing this because most people don't know any better.I know of a certain suzuki dealer in my area that not only does this but also sell's the extended warranty that is supposed to be around $400 for $1000.Keep this in mind when you're trying to make a deal on the bike.

• THUMPINGOOD

Posted July 28, 2002 - 06:08 PM

I here you I researched and asked around on the best way to get a deal, but did not know about the prep charge and freight charge. When I did find out it was too late I was signing the the bottom line. Now I know this was my first bike new, next time I will be better prepared and at least talk the dealers out of charging that, especially if the factories pay them to do that anyway. Thanks for the advice.

• stanley

Posted July 30, 2002 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for your help. This gives me a place to start.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.