426 vs 450...

i'm trying to figure out what bike i should be looking for..

first and formost i want a reliable thumper, that acts like a thumper, and looks like a thumper.. i do not want to have a new top end ever seasons, i do not want to put all new valves in all the time, nor do i want to adjust my valves every 10 hours.

I ride mostly trails, single tracks fairly aggresive, but do not spend much time on the track... some but very limited. i guess i've heard such great things about the yz motor that i'm interested. they sound like it will fit the bill, i don't want to adjust valves or topends like the crf's (although i am a honda guy... for now) and am not a fan of the weight to power ratio out of a drz or xr 400. so... i guess i'm looking at these two..

how reliable are they with good maintence, of course on average...

How much faster is the 450 than the 426 will i notice it in the trail

how do they compare overall... the weight isn't as much a factor due to trails

i just want somthing fairly fast that won't run out of steam, or smile factor, that wont leave me stranded in the woods...

also the 426 with a 5 speed vs 450 with 4 speed... how are they geared.. and how well do each work?

thanks, i figured i'd post here due to the knowledge base.?

i'm trying to figure out what bike i should be looking for..

first and formost i want a reliable thumper, that acts like a thumper, and looks like a thumper.. i do not want to have a new top end ever seasons, i do not want to put all new valves in all the time, nor do i want to adjust my valves every 10 hours.

I ride mostly trails, single tracks fairly aggresive, but do not spend much time on the track... some but very limited. i guess i've heard such great things about the yz motor that i'm interested. they sound like it will fit the bill, i don't want to adjust valves or topends like the crf's (although i am a honda guy... for now) and am not a fan of the weight to power ratio out of a drz or xr 400. so... i guess i'm looking at these two..

how reliable are they with good maintence, of course on average...

How much faster is the 450 than the 426 will i notice it in the trail

how do they compare overall... the weight isn't as much a factor due to trails

i just want somthing fairly fast that won't run out of steam, or smile factor, that wont leave me stranded in the woods...

also the 426 with a 5 speed vs 450 with 4 speed... how are they geared.. and how well do each work?

thanks, i figured i'd post here due to the knowledge base.?

You'll be happy with either the 426 or the 450. Neither one requires excessive top ends/valve jobs, it's not a honda as you already know. On the trail they will be pretty even, both are very powerful bikes, the difference could be reduced to rider skill. It's good that you ride aggressive, these bikes LOVE to be ridden hard, in fact they need to be flogged to be happy. you don't want the bike to run out of steam or smile factor?? Well, neither one will disappoint you in that aspect.