Recomended Oil? WR400

1 reply to this topic
  • acarter92

Posted February 07, 2009 - 04:21 PM

Just wondering what oil I should be running in a 1999 wr400? Should I be running thinner oil in the winter than in the summer? I have 10w 40 in it now and it starts right up everytime.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondamaint

Posted February 07, 2009 - 06:27 PM

10w40 will be fine. Just change it when it needs it. There are lots of oil question threads out there and people will give lots of opinions, here is mine. Use a good oil , change it often ( somewhat ) but the big thing in my opinion is a clean and WELL oiled filter. Keep the dirt out and the motor will last. These bikes are not hard on oil but like all motors hate dirt. My WR has been great and my DRZ has 27,000 miles on it. WATCH THE AIR FILTER MAINT. AND IT WILL LIVE A LONG LIFE.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.