Acerbis 6.6 gal gas tank, not for everyone.

27 replies to this topic
  • sandfly

Posted March 07, 2009 - 10:04 AM

Wow. Talk about an IED. You must run some heavy fork springs with that tank.

• spidennis

Posted March 07, 2009 - 10:34 AM

I got stock springs .....
and this tank will take some abuse.
I just came back from a trip to big bend, texas and then the concho enduro north of san angelo. In big bend I found myself going where perhaps I really didn't want to be headed to! I just laid her over to scout out the top, nope, nothing over there, time to turn around! while out in the desert, maybe I could have gotten by without the 6.6, but I would have needed to carry more gas somehow anyway. In these parts, you don't want to be stuck for any reason! I did have a minor crash while on "black gap" and there's hardly a scratch from that.

Posted Image

when your gps is dead, and the map is kinda iffy, having plenty of gas is a good thing! I can go without food and water for a bit, but gas, no way!

Posted Image

I didn't need a map or gps to help me find the shiner black lager here.
time to refuel my tank!

Posted Image

• Gary Murray

Posted March 08, 2009 - 07:46 AM

Where do you ride? I will plan to buy gas from you when I am miles from my truck and empty.

• spidennis

Posted March 08, 2009 - 07:58 AM

it might cost you your girl friend! :p

I see you're in utah, that's got to be some fine country to ride in .....
I'll make sure I bring my inflight refueling rig and give you a call .....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AFJ7732W

Posted March 08, 2009 - 07:59 AM

Road Trip!! geeze-o-pete!

I wonder if it wouldn't look too bad if it were blue with a few graphichs to "break it up".

Time to let go of the little black and white portable, there bud.

• spidennis

Posted March 08, 2009 - 08:09 AM

they make this in blue, but then you can't see just how much gas you got in there. graphics? sure for those that need them, would help dress the bike up some.

I guess I missed the thing about the black and white portable, I'm short , so it went over my head ...... if you're referring to the map, the gps died earlier on the trip while still in the jeep. it was the map or nothing. I chose the map ...... made it more of an adventure, but I'm shopping for a new gps.

• AFJ7732W

Posted March 08, 2009 - 07:26 PM

The first pic of your bike in the garage...

ok, while I'm at it, what is the orange bike in the background?

• kbike

Posted March 09, 2009 - 07:48 AM

The first pic of your bike in the garage...

ok, while I'm at it, what is the orange bike in the background?

07 KTM 990 Adventure, :p

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.