Moose Racing 520 RXP chain on 2003 WR450

3 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 07, 2009 - 07:02 AM

Does that sound correct? Found no info on this chain via a search.

• desdave

Posted February 07, 2009 - 07:18 AM

Go to the Moose online catalog, it's shown there. That is their hi end non oring chain. If you want a non oring chain this will work, 520 is the correct size. However, if you want o ring (which you probably do for long term durability) you want the Moose FP or HPO. I would do a search on motorcycle chain, and find the best deal on o ring or the newer x ring chain in 520 size, Moose probably isn't the best value. Any of the major brands (EK, DID, Regina etc) make a good o/x ring. Stock length for my 08 is 113 links, yours is probably close. Also the stock is riveted not removable master link. Need to use a chain breaker to get the stock one off. You can replace it with the removable master link that will come with your new chain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 07, 2009 - 11:36 AM

The stock chain was a D.I.D o-ring type if thats what you were asking.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 07, 2009 - 01:36 PM

Opps, I didn't read closely enough. I thought I was buying an X ring chain.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.