downgrade trade

6 replies to this topic
  • niterider40

Posted February 06, 2009 - 05:36 PM

I have an 03 450 and have worked out a deal to sell it for $2500 and buy a 02 426 for $1800. I think it sounds like a good plan because mine hasn't had the starter up grade and I could use some cash. Both bikes have low miles. The 02 has been sitting in a shed since 04. Do you guys think this would be good? I don't mind decompression levers.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 06, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Not for $700.

That's not enough of a difference to go to a strange bike.

• niterider40

Posted February 06, 2009 - 09:58 PM

I'm bringing this bike to an island called Atka where I'll be working construction and riding after work. I had a 400 out there last year but sold it when I left for the winter. Now I'll have an aleut to ride with. I'll only get to use it two seasons and then I'll have to try to sell it to one of the 70 people living there who all ride 4 wheelers. I'm promoting this sport see?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 07, 2009 - 06:24 AM

I'm bringing this bike to an island called Atka where I'll be working construction and riding after work. I had a 400 out there last year but sold it when I left for the winter. Now I'll have an aleut to ride with. I'll only get to use it two seasons and then I'll have to try to sell it to one of the 70 people living there who all ride 4 wheelers. I'm promoting this sport see?

if you ask me it doesnt sound like a bad deal...but not one i would probably do.

the cool thing though is you will have 700 bucks to mod the new bike...

• niterider40

Posted February 07, 2009 - 06:37 AM

I see they weigh the same, I have an 01 yz426 also and really like it. I'm hoping the 02 WR will handle as well but thats probably wishfull thinking cause the yz is 18 lbs lighter.

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 07, 2009 - 11:38 AM

I see they weigh the same, I have an 01 yz426 also and really like it. I'm hoping the 02 WR will handle as well but thats probably wishfull thinking cause the yz is 18 lbs lighter.

Doing the YZ tank and seat will make the ergos better on the WR 426. That alone should make it a more comfortable handling bike.

• niterider40

Posted February 07, 2009 - 12:55 PM

That was my plan, but I decided not to do it. Thanks for the advice guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.