zzzzzzzzzzzzz

21 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 03, 2000 - 02:03 PM

this forum is getting very boring

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 03, 2000 - 02:49 PM

Then, why don't you entertain us? Are you one of those chronic whiners who always expect someone else to entertain YOU?

• Bryan Bosch

Posted December 03, 2000 - 03:01 PM

Yet another worthless comment from an unregistered member. :)

• Mark_M

Posted December 03, 2000 - 05:10 PM

I don't check in to this forum for entertainment purposes, I use it for informational purposes. The guys on this forum have 10x the useful information than most all dealerships I have bought from. Entertainment would be dropping off a 10ft cliff to a downhill landing and having to stop before you reach the next cliff line - -That's entertainment :) --- Sometimes I run into an entertaining thread - that is just a bonus!

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-03-2000).]

• Boit

Posted December 03, 2000 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, what's so boring about this forum anyway? If they start playing that metal milicia crap while I browse this forum, I will not only be bored, I'll be angry enough to put on a Wayne Newton CD! Now, that's entertainment!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 04, 2000 - 09:07 AM

What you do not know is that fluke has the obligation to come here and read all the post. I don't have a mind as great as his so I'm completely satisfied by this forum even if I come each day. How do I register here???

• Pete_Z

Posted December 04, 2000 - 10:01 PM

Robin,just click on "register" right below "post a new topic" at the top of this page.Fill in the blanks and submit.It's completely painless.

• Boit

Posted December 04, 2000 - 10:31 PM

Robin: Fluke has an obligation to read this forum? He gets paid for it?...or, his mommy makes him?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 04, 2000 - 11:51 PM

I agree with fluke.

Its the same stuff over and over.....why dont people look in the archives???

• robin_des_bois

Posted December 05, 2000 - 10:06 PM

I thing I'm now registered :) Yes the same thing repeat but people change, new comes here and they want the more personnal contact of direct answer instead of searching on a database. A repeated topic is better than no topic no? If we remove the topic alread discussed here, we won't have a lot of stuff to read...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pete_Z

Posted December 05, 2000 - 02:44 PM

I agree Robin.Sometimes it is better to get a real answer to your own question rather than searching an archive for it. Also lots of things can change in a year or two, especially in the world of off-road motorcycles.Certain products are dicontinued,new products come to market,new members join the forum and new ideas and experiences come to light.The same question asked a year from now could garner vastly different responses.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 06, 2000 - 12:13 AM

I thing robin better gets some English lessons

• Boit

Posted December 06, 2000 - 03:24 AM

Justin time: And you're just the guy to give those lessons, right? Are you still "thinging"?

• Pete_Z

Posted December 06, 2000 - 04:46 AM

Justin time,I know that Robin's french is far better than your's and his english is not far off.I think that it is a great thing to be fluently bi-lingual like Robin is.I wish that I was.Remember-Judge not.....

• robin_des_bois

Posted December 06, 2000 - 05:52 AM

Thanks guys, It seems that when some people feel threatened, they shoot at anything they can. May be my english is not perfect but some have their attitude not better than that. My english will improve over time, will it be the case for your attitude justin time?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 06, 2000 - 11:51 AM

Subsequent to this collection of prodigious pontification I feel I must purport a more efficacious diatribe. This is an excellent site, with experienced resources that i feel are unequalled anywhere on the web. Inexperienced owners may post inquiries that appear mundane to the elite enthusiast; thats why they have come here. To eschew thier pleadings is reprehensible. Let's get back to thrashing, be cool dudes. :)

• William

Posted December 06, 2000 - 12:36 PM

Fluke & Justin time, Best you just saddle up your xr 70's and get out of dodge.

------------------
2000 WR400F
2000 EC 300
2000 TTR 125L
2000 TTR 90
1999 750 Katana

• tige

Posted December 06, 2000 - 03:17 PM

THERE IS ALWAYS THAT REALLY FAST TALKER THAT CAN RIDE EVEN FASTER THAN HE TALKS! BUT HE ALWAYS PAYS SOMEONE TO FIX HIS BIKE BECAUSE SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH IT! HE KNOWS HE CANT BE THAT SLOW? I AM PRETTY NEW TO THIS SITE,BUT I HAVE NOTHING BUT THANKS TO SEND DOWN THE LINE!

• mcarp

Posted December 07, 2000 - 10:35 PM

Robin you have a point. People should be free to ask questions. But I think it's the vague or really newbie type questions that shy people away from answering them. "What should my jetting be" or "which pipe is best" . Without adding any additional information, the questions can't be answered.

I think a building an FAQ section would help newbie's get up to speed quickly or rather be able to ask more intelligent questions if the FAQ can't answer it. And I'm sure there will be a lot of times the FAQ just can't help in a particilar odd or newly found problem.

Sometimes folks say to search the archives because truly there is great info contained within; they're actually doing them a favor in case they don't know to search.

And Robin, your English is great, much better than a few nameless and unregistered folks on this site :)

• Taffy

Posted December 08, 2000 - 04:46 AM

yep

it would be lovely to see a well layed out FAQ arena that hit you when you clicked on, secondly the registration button needs to be clearer.

90% of questions are still interesting-it's the 10% that do us all.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.