Doing it this weekend

7 replies to this topic
  • StPeters21

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:24 PM

I'm getting a top end, cam chain and several parts this weekend. I'm going to port and polish this weekend as well....I'm getting pretty excited...:) anything else that I'm missing or anything I should take a look at while I'm tore down that far?

• StPeters21

Posted February 06, 2009 - 05:18 PM

Well, stripped down to the frame. All the bearings look good. Still waiting on the parts..So I might as well put some elbow grease in her and clean everything to showroom condition.

• GodHunter

Posted February 06, 2009 - 05:26 PM

This thread is useless without pics:foul:

• 642MX

Posted February 06, 2009 - 05:32 PM

What year is the bike?... You might want to replace the valve springs and valve seals too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StPeters21

Posted February 06, 2009 - 09:52 PM

It is an 06. I just ordered those also. Thanks for the tip.
It sure would be nice to be able to replace all the bolts. Mostly just mental reasons plus it looks better then too.

• BBrown626

Posted February 07, 2009 - 06:51 AM

Are you doing the port and polish yourself?

• StPeters21

Posted February 08, 2009 - 02:33 PM

yes...kinda. A friend of mine is very good at it and we are doing it together.

• StPeters21

Posted February 12, 2009 - 02:59 PM

I took the engine apart today and cleaned her up. All I can say is wow. I will post pics later. I have around 300 hours on her, always used Amsoil, and Shell gas. This thing is in incredible shape. There is still cross etching in the cylinder. Very little carbon and everything. Cams are also in great shape. I will try and post pics tomorrow.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.