foot pegs

I've got an '07 450F, and a buddy has an '08 450F. I noticed the footpegs on his are noticeably larger than mine. Both bikes have stock pegs on them. I would like to upgrade to a larger peg, similar to the '08 size. Does anyone know what the size on mine is? Or perhaps what a larger size is? Everywhere I look at them they are measured in mm, and my tape doesn't have one, only inches

Those are 57mm footpegs and I think yours are 48mm wide ones. I would pick up a set of Lightspeed 57mm wide TI pegs they are the best ones money can buy! I have a set and I love them!

They are great, however to those who don't know, just like Fastways, they will eat your boots.

They are great, however to those who don't know, just like Fastways, they will eat your boots.

Ummmmm I have Gearne SG-10 that are 5 yrs old on the same soles...my boots actually are in really good shape. Sorry I guess I've only had the pegs 3 of those years...SO I wouldn't be a good reference...... ?

I lowered a set of pegs on my 03' 450 and I didn't really like it at all. I'm 6'3 and I found it just didn't feel right since I did that to it. All my other bikes now I just leave the stock high with the light speed pegs.

I have had no problems with boots at all. I think like grey said its the kind of boots your using. My tech 8's have been fine and these new tech 10s haven't even made a mark in them. I used tech 6's along time ago with stock pegs, and the soles would be shot within a year.

does anybody use the lowered pegs?I'm 6 feet tall and feel lower pegs might help my riding when standing.I feel way to high.any suggestions?thanks

I'm 6'3" and I didn't really like the lowered pegs either. I have the Fastway pegs and they are a little lower than normal in the higher position. I tried them in the low position and everything felt awkward. My 2 cents