HELP!! 02 wr426 needs motor

4 replies to this topic
  • james nale

Posted February 05, 2009 - 04:03 PM

My motor decided to destroy the center cases and cylinder with the connecting rod(kinda like a pinwheel on steriods). Anybody know where I can get a motor or at least the center cases and a cylinder for less than the $1,500. OEM cost? My motor had less than 100 hrs and showed no signs of destructive behavior.

• tcmII

Posted February 05, 2009 - 07:44 PM

Just saw a yz400 motor on ebay about $330.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • james nale

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:34 PM

Can the Wr trans fit in a YZ case?

• tntmo

Posted February 06, 2009 - 08:56 AM

I've seen plenty of YZ/WR 400/426 bikes selling for less than $1500. Keep all the goodies off yours and part the rest of it out on Ebay, you'll probably pay for half of it or more.

• niterider40

Posted February 07, 2009 - 09:39 PM

I bought a yz426 engine for $800 with free shipping to alaska. That was on ebay. I guess I payed to much but its a great engine.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.