Confused about Ricky Carmichael Graphics

22 replies to this topic
  • xisabel

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:00 PM

When I see the OEM Ricky Carmichael bike in photos, it seems like the graphics do NOT have the holes in the vinyl stickers. But, the ones for purchase after market from One Industries saying they are the exact graphics have holes in the vinyl (little round holes everywhere) and the color gold seems darker than the yellow on the bike. Here are the two photos. First is the OEM and second is the after market. What's up. I want the graphics without all the holes.

http://www.bikez.com...ts - Suzuki.jpg

http://image.dirtrid...y-new-rm250.jpg

• Justin 314

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:04 PM

That's pretty weird. However, the holes are there to help gas fumes breathe through the graphic, so it doesn't develop air bubbles.

• redrider611

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Justin Is correct. The holes are there for venting. I am sure RC gets new graphics every ride so it does not matter on his bike. I am sure they are a "exact" design replica but not the exact set that factory Suzuki gets.

• mxjosh

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:22 PM

You'd be right...new graphics every race allows for no breather holes.

Posted Image

• RMXC51

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:29 PM

aND WITHOUT THE HOLES THE GRAPHICS WOULD LOOK LIKE CRAP IN ABOUT A MONTH.

Sorry about the caps, fat fingers tonight!

• 1nstr

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:44 AM

Yep...gotta be the venting thing. He is by the way wishing he had a 2t....

• xisabel

Posted February 05, 2009 - 04:40 AM

I've got some follow-up questions. Why would the graphics bubble up? My OEM isn't bubbling and it doesn't have holes in it?

Also, looking at that photo - what kind of frame guard is that? I'm looking for one so my frame doesn't look like crap-ola.

Back to the graphics, anyone know if the one Suzuki sells for OEM is the one with holes in it or one without holes in it (I know I can buy everything from them except the #4) which, if I purchased an OEM and wanted to restore it at some point and know I cannot get it, I'd be pissed (is someone selling the same OEM replica 4?).

Thanks.

• Crazyced

Posted February 05, 2009 - 04:46 AM

I've got some follow-up questions. Why would the graphics bubble up? My OEM isn't bubbling and it doesn't have holes in it?

Also, looking at that photo - what kind of frame guard is that? I'm looking for one so my frame doesn't look like crap-ola.

Back to the graphics, anyone know if the one Suzuki sells for OEM is the one with holes in it or one without holes in it (I know I can buy everything from them except the #4) which, if I purchased an OEM and wanted to restore it at some point and know I cannot get it, I'd be pissed (is someone selling the same OEM replica 4?).

Thanks.

Your OEM doesn't go on the tank, just on the shroud.

• xisabel

Posted February 05, 2009 - 05:29 AM

I got it now. I see. So, the fumes from the gas would bubble the vinyl?

Regarding the pic, what kind of frame guard is that - anyone know?

Also, is it normal for the garage to smell like my dirt bike. It's been awhile since I rode it, and I still smell gas. Is that normal? It's kind of thick or my nose is very sensitive to it.

• KJ790

Posted February 05, 2009 - 05:45 AM

I got it now. I see. So, the fumes from the gas would bubble the vinyl?

Regarding the pic, what kind of frame guard is that - anyone know?

Also, is it normal for the garage to smell like my dirt bike. It's been awhile since I rode it, and I still smell gas. Is that normal? It's kind of thick or my nose is very sensitive to it.

Yes, gas fumes bubble graphics applied to the tank.

The bike in the picture has grip tape on the frame to make it easier to grip the bike.

Yes it is normal for your garage to smell like your bike.

• DirtDad3

Posted February 05, 2009 - 05:58 AM

The OEM graphics have the holes in the tank portion. The graphics are from from one industries, maybe the "4" is also available through them?

• xisabel

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:37 PM

Where can I get grip tape like this?

• mxjosh

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:19 PM

any hardware store or you can pay 3 times as much for a sheet from an online MX retailer.

• 98rm250_90cr500

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:23 PM

Justin Is correct. The holes are there for venting. I am sure RC gets new graphics every ride so it does not matter on his bike. I am sure they are a "exact" design replica but not the exact set that factory Suzuki gets.

thats coerect factory riders get new stikys after every event. they sell them with the vent holes to us common folk becouse there isnt much point in spending a bookoo amount of dough on a kit that will peel off in a few weeks.

• Jeekinz

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:27 PM

The section of graphic for the tank on my KX has slits. You can just barely make them out in the pic. Looks alot nicer than all those holes.

Posted Image

• MXBoy11

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:09 PM

Yes, gas fumes bubble graphics applied to the tank.

The bike in the picture has grip tape on the frame to make it easier to grip the bike.

Yes it is normal for your garage to smell like your bike.

If my parents let me, my room would smell like my bike :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :banana:

thats coerect factory riders get new stikys after every event. they sell them with the vent holes to us common folk becouse there isnt much point in spending a bookoo amount of dough on a kit that will peel off in a few weeks.

Haha you'd think that that would be the number one reason for them to not give us holes :busted: so we spend TONS OF $

• mxjosh

Posted February 05, 2009 - 04:10 PM

I would think you would lose customers without the breather holes. I have purchased kits before that lasted a month and I have never bought them again. I suppose if every company conspired against us and didn't put holes in their tank graphics..we would probably buy em anyways.

• 98rm250_90cr500

Posted February 05, 2009 - 07:40 PM

I would think you would lose customers without the breather holes. I have purchased kits before that lasted a month and I have never bought them again. I suppose if every company conspired against us and didn't put holes in their tank graphics..we would probably buy em anyways.

thats what they make spray paint for:thumbsup:

• mxjosh

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:04 PM

Spray paint?

• mxdude629

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:03 AM

Thanks.

I think japan dosent have near the epa standards(if any)we do. So they use really good adhesive and vinyl. And frame guards are the biggest waste of money. the edges of mine actually dug into my frame defeating the whole purpose of having them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

team maico! by NCSteve

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

03 RM 125 starts, but won't restart. by Kubalek

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   Suzuki 2-Stroke
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Rm 125 vs Rm 250 2 stroke by 2 stroke life

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

2013 RMZ450 Burning Engine Oil by Connor Corrigan

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   RM-Z 450
  • 11 replies
Forums
Photo

93 yz 80 crank bearings out by Wheelierider3

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.