snorkle &/or air box lid for WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted February 09, 2003 - 03:39 PM

Can anybody explain how to remove snorkle &/or air box lid?I asked the technition at dealer when I picked my WR450 on Tuesday and he said you could not remove it because the battery lays on it. :)

00 DRZ400E sold 2/2/03
03 WR450 picked up 2/3/03

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 09, 2003 - 03:47 PM

1st unclip the battery and pull the battery up. than use 2 regular screw drivers and put one on each side of the battery clip.and carefuly pry the snorkel away from the tabs for the battery clip. use pliers to pull out the snorkel. very easy to do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foursmoke

Posted February 09, 2003 - 03:54 PM

Will there still be a place for the battery to rest?

• allinson

Posted February 09, 2003 - 04:44 PM

I had to use a dremile tool to cut out my snorkle. I also drilled some holes in the top of the air box. I cut out my left side plate. I now matches the right side and allows more air in. Pretty limitted with the battery being in the way.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 09, 2003 - 05:23 PM

YES YOUR BATTERY STILL FITS JUST THE WAY IT WAS !!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.