Just bought a new 08 yz450f...

4 replies to this topic
  • cumminsklx650

Posted February 04, 2009 - 05:08 PM

I pick it up this Saturday. Great deal, brand spanking new and the first bike I'll have ever bought new. My current bike is a 94 klx650a2 that I ice raced and it did very well. After riding a friends 06 yz450f on the ice last weekend, I was hooked. Will throw some ice tires on it, set it up and see what happens.
:)

• MikeyT750

Posted February 04, 2009 - 05:24 PM

Congrats man. Make sure you search the forums on what to do to a newly bought 08. GREASE!!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cumminsklx650

Posted February 04, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Yea, whats the deal with yamaha being cheap on the amount and right type of grease? Would it be THAT hard to use a little more? Maybe its the planned obsolescence that we learned in marketing class?

• davcon

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Yea, whats the deal with yamaha being cheap on the amount and right type of grease? Would it be THAT hard to use a little more? Maybe its the planned obsolescence that we learned in marketing class?

I greased mine after 8 hours and it wasnt that bad. Maybe it was assembled on wednesday ha ha. Youll love the bike, congrats and have fun!

• mc1hd

Posted February 05, 2009 - 03:51 PM

Do yourself a favor and tear it apart and grease everything, steering head, linkage, shock heim joint and needle bearing, swing arm, rear brake pivot and anti-seize all bolts that are of different material. I say this because the bike is new and clean and will never be this easy again the rest of its life. Its hard not to just go and ride it but a little work now will pay for itself down the road. Enjoy.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.