Clutchless Shifting?

4 replies to this topic

Posted February 09, 2003 - 02:40 PM

Does anyone know how well the tranny holds up on the 02' WR426 with shifting with no clutch. I had been doing this on my 99' XR400 with no problems. I haven't had any problems with my new bike, but want to make sure it'll be ok.

Appreciate any info.....Thanks

• ddialogue

Posted February 09, 2003 - 03:23 PM

I put 1,200 miles on my 02 WR before I sold it and it held up fine. These aren't street bikes! It'll be fine. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • utvols

Posted February 09, 2003 - 08:34 PM

Ride it like you stole it! It will be fine.

• yamaha.dude

Posted February 09, 2003 - 08:50 PM

I only use the clutch to change gears if I am on asphalt or concrete, and am changing down... just so I don't stress the motor too much, or chew my tyre up with the drivetrain forces...

Apart from that, and stopping and starting, I have enough on my plate trying to keep the front end down to worry about changing gears with a clutch... LOL

HTH,

David

• Thumpleupagus

Posted February 10, 2003 - 05:02 AM

I'm stealing someone else's quote here:
Clutch use is clutch abuse!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.