Yzf 426 suspension

7 replies to this topic
  • Robbydalejr

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:18 PM

I have a 2000 yzf426. I'k 6'4" and 300 lbs. I mostly mountain trail and desert ride. Like jumping and hillclimbing. Already adjusted the sag. I don't necessarily have a problem bottoming out just wondering if I should adjust the dampening and rebound?Seems pretty simple and would like to stiffen up a little if I can. Don't really want to replace the spring but if I do does anyone know the price range?

• Robbydalejr

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:39 PM

When you say "tuner". would they use the same spring? Do you have any idea about the cost

• 642MX

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:49 PM

When you say "tuner". would they use the same spring? Do you have any idea about the cost

The suspension shop (or tuner) would for sure replace the springs. I'm 230 lbs and all 3 springs have been replaced on my bike. The springs run about $100 for the front and about another $100 for the rear. Different shops charge different amounts for the revalve, I think most around here charge about $400 for labor.

I can't remember what I paid exactly.... it wasn't cheap and I whined and cried about it.... until I rode it, then I was extemely happy I spent the money. I sent mine here: http://www.smartsuspension.com You can give the guy a call, his name is Frank and he is great with Yamaha's. He's done my wifes bike and mine.

• 642MX

Posted February 05, 2009 - 05:07 PM

Which mofo gave me bad gas saying, "Pretty bad information, try to be more specific"..... ?

I guess I'll go delete the post and get rid of the bad gas. I'm about done helping anybody.... Too many idiots on this site that don't appreciate free knowledge. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted February 05, 2009 - 07:40 PM

Which mofo gave me bad gas saying, "Pretty bad information, try to be more specific"..... ?

I guess I'll go delete the post and get rid of the bad gas. I'm about done helping anybody.... Too many idiots on this site that don't appreciate free knowledge. :)

agreed!

• grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:28 PM

For everyone's information, abuse of the reputation system is viewed very dimly by the administrators of this site, and will not be tolerated. If anyone feels they have been the victim of such abuses, they should report the matter to a forum moderator for follow up.

• Florida_426

Posted February 06, 2009 - 09:20 AM

642MX,
Please do not let one idiot cause you to withdraw your helpful input from here. You, Grayracer and some others have continually provided priceless information that has helped me several times. Take gray's advice and let the moderators like him know about the foolish use of bad gas and handle the ungrateful people. Again, thanks to you and the others that take time to help the rest of us out with hard earned knowledge.

Bill

• 642MX

Posted February 06, 2009 - 11:04 AM

Bill

I'm not going anywhere. Gray got me fixed up, like he always does. He's like my internet Dad. : )

The bad gas was given from my opinion in another thread, not this one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.