pivote works bearings 06 yz450

12 replies to this topic
  • Mike Martel

Posted February 04, 2009 - 12:11 PM

Just ordered bearings for my linkage and swing arm. Once pressed in the sleeve would not fit thru the needle bearings in the linkage. I ordered another set of bearings because I thought I may have damaged them when pressing them in. The shop put in the new set and they had the same problem.

Pivote Works stated that their tolerances could be off for some bikes and the bearings would not work.

2006 yz450f owners do not buy these from pivote works. You will be disapointed when they tell you there are no cash refunds.:)

• rt20ps

Posted February 04, 2009 - 01:42 PM

I had similar experience with their fork rebuild kits. No more Pivot Works at this shop.

• husqy360

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:16 PM

bad to hear good to know.

• mc1hd

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:43 PM

Pivot works is a cheaper alternative to oem parts but not in quality. Personally I would not use there products unless I did not have a option.

• rt20ps

Posted February 05, 2009 - 06:03 AM

When I called, they pulled prints, and measured, and measured....

Finally they agreed that some of the parts in my kit were wrong. They did send me the correct parts but that took additional time and in the end, made me look bad. What happens when someone less experienced tries to install this kit?? Not good.

• husqy360

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:51 AM

When I called, they pulled prints, and measured, and measured....

Finally they agreed that some of the parts in my kit were wrong. They did send me the correct parts but that took additional time and in the end, made me look bad. What happens when someone less experienced tries to install this kit?? Not good.

shame on them for selling faulty parts :)

which cheap seals and bearing will you guys recommend?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 06, 2009 - 07:43 AM

which cheap seals and bearing will you guys recommend?

:) None

• WR450FGreg

Posted February 06, 2009 - 01:29 PM

OEM bearings are always my last resort due to the expense.

Pivotworks (and others) kits are my second last resort due also to price.

My first ports of call are always my local industrial bearing/seal suppliers.
More often than not I can source an identical bearing (often even the same brand and part number!) for less than half the price of the others.

Seals are sometimes a bit more difficult, but a bit of hunting around usually gets me out of trouble.

Too many people spend too much money maintaining their bikes in my opinion.
Get smart guys! :)

Greg

• akiraone

Posted April 02, 2009 - 12:28 PM

I also complain a little bit for Pivot Works, I just ordered all suspension kits to fix my suspension. But at the end what I found the iside diameter for bearings in linkeage are to wide and on new bearings I have bigger play in my arm then on old OEM ones, and the collar is also to wide and I cant fit it in my frame (connecting rod). I have to take it tommorow to mechanic shop, need grind about 2milimeters.

I order it from USA it cost me a lot, its crazy that I have fix something that manufactured maded. For sure I will save more money for next time to buy OEM.

Just my 0.2$ .....

regards

• finthat

Posted April 02, 2009 - 01:41 PM

I just purchase all but two of my tranny and counter shaft bearings from a John Deere dealership all the same make Koyo ntn ect. The price from the dealer was more than 4 times what I paid. The only diff. was mine are sealed so I have to pull the seals off to run in the tranny...not a big deal. I am sure if I looked I could find the other two I need as well. Bearings are bearings when made from the same manufacturer.

• niles

Posted April 03, 2009 - 01:41 AM

All Balls Racing...never had a problem with them and the service is really fast

• wellsy1

Posted April 03, 2009 - 06:57 PM

I put All Balls bearings in my 06 450. They went in great! I'll have to see how they hold up, first time using them. And they were'nt that exspesive.

• Damage Hamage 57

Posted April 08, 2009 - 02:37 PM

I've had alot of problems with pivot works stuff as well. Mainly just the quality of the bearing itself. I've had several go prematurally. They have new Cranks bearing out too and I had a buddy install them and they only ran for ten minutes before the bearing flew apart. I've had the same problem with they rod bearings as well. I personally think the whole company is a joke and provide very lower end products plus they customer relations is terrible. just thought Id throw my two cents in haha

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.