hand guards the hard way

2 replies to this topic
  • ronco

Posted July 26, 2002 - 05:39 AM

I should have checked the right guards for the right bars. I just bought Maier $44 aluminum barkbusters for 7/8"steel bars from catalog, hoped they would fit the Renthal bar that came with the bike...they don't, now I need to use the small set of clamps for the bar ends, and bend the guard to match the other clamp. It is very difficult to make the bend where I want, the instructions say to bend for correct fit? If I am careful everything should go together fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stanley

Posted July 26, 2002 - 06:07 AM

You have to love instructions like that.

• freestyle111

Posted July 28, 2002 - 01:40 AM

if you get someone to help you its much easier.you just bolt thru handguard in end of bars then have someone to hold piece of wood or something similar at point you would like to make bend .then stick wood[for leverage and helps control where guard will bend.] between guard and bars.and start bending moving wood wherever it is needed

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.