YZ plastics on 05 WR

9 replies to this topic
  • barry450

Posted February 04, 2009 - 12:13 AM

Right guys,

I have searched but can't find the specific answers.

I believe Acerbis does a YZ rear fender that fits right on the WR, with cut outs already for water res etc(see I searched), is this a special part or simply their standard YZ replacement rear fender??

Basically I want new plastics all round but an Acerbis Supermoto front fender and YZ rear fender, but would be happy with WR side panels. However do the rest of the YZ plastics fit on ok as this would mean just buying an Acerbis YZ kit and then Supermoto front fender.....

Hope this makes sense :)

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:17 AM

Right guys,

I have searched but can't find the specific answers.

I believe Acerbis does a YZ rear fender that fits right on the WR, with cut outs already for water res etc(see I searched), is this a special part or simply their standard YZ replacement rear fender??

Basically I want new plastics all round but an Acerbis Supermoto front fender and YZ rear fender, but would be happy with WR side panels. However do the rest of the YZ plastics fit on ok as this would mean just buying an Acerbis YZ kit and then Supermoto front fender.....

Hope this makes sense :)

for your 05, you can buy 03-05 yz plastics and be fine (a side from the wr side panel on for the air box side)

even if the yz rear fender doesnt come pre cut for the coolant over flow...it takes 10 seconds to cut it out.

• travisisdaman

Posted February 04, 2009 - 08:24 AM

I got the WR cut rear fender. I would recommend getting that so you don't have to cut but it is not that hard to cut if you had to.

• barry450

Posted February 04, 2009 - 09:46 AM

So all other plastics fit without modification, if that's the case I will just buy a YZ Acerbis kit and if I have to cut the rear slightly that's fine.

Thanks guys.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 04, 2009 - 10:08 AM

So all other plastics fit without modification, if that's the case I will just buy a YZ Acerbis kit and if I have to cut the rear slightly that's fine.

Thanks guys.

just buy the wr kit...it will come with the yz rear fender

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barry450

Posted February 04, 2009 - 09:09 PM

just buy the wr kit...it will come with the yz rear fender

So the Acerbis WR kit doesn't come with a standard style WR fender for tail light? Is that 100%?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 05, 2009 - 07:09 AM

So the Acerbis WR kit doesn't come with a standard style WR fender for tail light? Is that 100%?

that is what i said :)

why dont you call acerbis and ask?

• barry450

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:23 PM

Will have to try and locate a dealer here in NZ. Cheers :)

• nitronaf

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:11 PM

hello i put a yz fender on my wr a couple of years back but took it back off since it was fading (every acerbis/aftermarket fades :) )
i have the fender hanging on my wall would u like a picture of the cutouts?

• barry450

Posted February 10, 2009 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the offer, I found a picture online of where to cut. Think I will just go buy a new OEM one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.