Sound Check in Michigan

4 replies to this topic
  • ekemner

Posted February 09, 2003 - 10:09 AM

Does anyone know how to do the DB checks in michigan? I have access to a DB meter and when I get my WR450F I want to check it with the FMF Q on it. I think you have to be 1 meter away at a 45 degree angle but I am not sure.

Eric :)

• Jim_Patterson

Posted February 09, 2003 - 10:49 AM

I have all the test equipment and specs except the rpm to check at. I plan to use 4250 and 4500 to test my bike. If you are anywhere near Washington MI I'll test yours for you. Either way, send me a private message with your phone number and I'll help you get what you need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmp437

Posted February 09, 2003 - 11:45 AM

One meter would be cool, but it's only 20" at a 45 degree angle. And the little booklet the DNR was using last year at the Silver Lake Dunes didn't have any 4 stroke WR's in it, so they just picked a bike called "Yamaha" and ran with it. Of course the Vortip had no trouble passing.
I think the biggest problem with this sound check thing is going to be getting people that know how to check and interpret the data.
I would also like to get a copy of the little DNR booklet so I can "coach" the sound checker if necessary.

• trailriderjoe

Posted February 09, 2003 - 01:19 PM

Jim,
I'm up at our company's Troy office at 14 & Stephenson quite a bit. I wouldn't mind hooking up and doing some cross checking. I have the SAE spec and a B&K sound analyzer I can borrow from work. :)

• Jim_Patterson

Posted February 09, 2003 - 02:02 PM

That's relatively close, 30 minutes north east. I have the rpm indicator tool the DNR uses, and a sound meter also. If at some point you want to do this , give me a couple of days notice, by PM with a number to get a hold of you for directions.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.