WR450 with FMF Q silencer

6 replies to this topic
  • ekemner

Posted February 09, 2003 - 10:04 AM

Has anyone tried the FMF Q on there bike and if so how does it sound and how was the power compared to stock and also how much heaver was the stock muffler?

Thanks!!

Eric :)

• Ridin'_MD

Posted February 09, 2003 - 10:39 AM

Ditto.

• Guest_AlexsoCal_*

Posted February 09, 2003 - 08:24 PM

I have the "Q" series FMF on my 450, is very quiet compared to the uncorked stock silencer, weight is about one or two pounds less but the stainless steel powerbomb header is more than twice the weight of the stock titanium headpipe, I left the stock headpipe on, power is better than my previous WR400.
MJ 165, PJ 48 fuel screw stock. starts W/ e button everytime.

I'm ordering the Pro circuit Ti, will sell my used Powercore
for $100 if interested, is in great shape, no dents.
:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted February 09, 2003 - 08:35 PM

How does the power compare to your stock set up? Did you run the Q with the stock header and notice any power difference with the powerbomb?

• Guest_AlexsoCal_*

Posted February 09, 2003 - 08:49 PM

I have the "Q" silencer with the stock header, my comparison is with my old WR 400 with powerbomb/ powercore combo. Yes is another bike but I also rode the 450 uncorked and like the power and sound of the "Q"better.
I'm trying to shave weight not add, tha is why i"m ordering a full titanium system, the powerbomb is just too heavy compared to the stock headpipe.

• WR250fla

Posted February 10, 2003 - 02:37 PM

I went with the Ti-4 Pro Curcuit and saved several pounds. But it is what you might call, a little loud. I did a couple other mods the same day I put on the pipe but the power is much more than most sane folks would want...

• Desracer

Posted February 10, 2003 - 11:04 PM

Is it the Q or the powercore you want to sell? I dont have a bike yet but am interested.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.