Why change my jetting??

2 replies to this topic
  • fastmonstr

Posted July 25, 2002 - 06:24 PM

My bike is stock except for the airbox lid, exhaust baffle removed,grey wire, throttle stop cut and a 12oz flywheel weight. It starts first kick, every time, even hot after a fall. Throttle response is excellent, no backfires,hiccups or hesitations.It has more power than I could ever use.

Why do I need change my jetting? What am I missing?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted July 25, 2002 - 10:22 PM

If it runs so well, you don't have anything to worry about! What's your elevation, above sea level there??
You may simply be in the right air density to match your slight mods to the stock jetting...
You could probably improve though, by doing the BK mod, which should only require raising the needle 1 step...I actually did the BK mod on my new WR before it ever ran!...

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: dominator426 ]

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 26, 2002 - 03:31 AM

Who told you the you HAD to change anything?

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.