WR426 Carb removal questions?

5 replies to this topic
  • wr426

Posted February 03, 2009 - 03:50 PM

Can the carb be removed for jetting without removing the shock or rear sub-frame and air box? I would like to leave them in place if at all possible.
Thanks! Wr426f

• maxtherat

Posted February 03, 2009 - 06:48 PM

Yes. It comes out no problem. Loosen phillips and allen screws on the clamps, pull back on boot between carb and air filter, and pull carb out on shifter side. If you need extra slack it's quickest to disconnect throttle cables from throttle tube. DO NOT remove the TPS from the carb: unplug it. For main or pilot jet you don't need to pull it out that far. Just remove the 16 or 17 MM plug( can't remember) on the bottom of the bowl and you can get to both. To get the needle from the top you'll need a bit more room.

• Nathanael

Posted February 03, 2009 - 07:03 PM

I couldn't get mine out without removing the sub-frame and airbox.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxtherat

Posted February 03, 2009 - 08:11 PM

I hope we are talking about the same bike- WR426??

• matt4x4

Posted February 04, 2009 - 05:48 AM

If you are just changing pilot and/or main jets you can also just drop the bowl and use a dentist mirror and socket/flathead to remove/reinstall them - 10 minutes. Once you've done it once - you get pretty good with a mirror but at first it's all backwards and upside down....almost like working on your bike super drunk.

• byggd

Posted February 04, 2009 - 02:40 PM

almost like working on your bike super drunk.

Matt, are you speaking from experience? :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.