Newbie: rear shock failure????

2 replies to this topic
  • sjonnie

Posted July 25, 2002 - 04:35 PM

As a newbie to this group, here's the deal:
I just bought a used 99 WR400 several months ago. It has been working well until the last ride. When I sat on the bike, suddenly the shock became really stiff. I did adjust the shock the ride before, but now it is REALLY stiff! It loosens a little when I ride, but I can't get it soft enough now. It feels like the compression damping got increased by 100x. What's up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racemile

Posted July 29, 2002 - 02:59 PM

Off the too of my head I would say your valving has's broken. Time to get another one??

• Jim_Bob

Posted July 29, 2002 - 03:16 PM

Check your linkage bearings. Pull it all apart as per the manual. If they are dry or seized up your shock wont work properly. Check all the swingarm and shock bearings at the same time.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.