2000 yzf 426 Head light

3 replies to this topic
  • yamayota

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:20 PM

i heading to pismo in two weeks...i need to wire a light..is there a way to wire it in the stock wiring harness?

• bluebreadtruck

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:38 AM

I thought yzfs did not have a lighting coil?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:55 AM

you definitely need a proper stator first unless you can run one with LED's - they require next to no current and it would work fine off a YZF coil.

If you buy a UFO or Acerbis headlight/front plate assy. that runs 2 MR16 12V Halogen Light bulbs, there are places around that sell 12V LED MR16 retrofit bulbs which use little to no current (50mA or so) since the halogens would draw way too much.

http://www.superbrig...ecs/MR16-W4.htm

Usually 20-30 bucks a bulb.

If the bike doesn't have a regulator - you can either build one or buy one for about another 20 bucks.

• tntmo

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:48 PM

you definitely need a proper stator first unless you can run one with LED's - they require next to no current and it would work fine off a YZF coil.

If you buy a UFO or Acerbis headlight/front plate assy. that runs 2 MR16 12V Halogen Light bulbs, there are places around that sell 12V LED MR16 retrofit bulbs which use little to no current (50mA or so) since the halogens would draw way too much.

http://www.superbrig...ecs/MR16-W4.htm

Usually 20-30 bucks a bulb.

If the bike doesn't have a regulator - you can either build one or buy one for about another 20 bucks.

Have you run those LED lights? How bright are they?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.