07 WR450 Suspension Rebuild - Who to go to?

4 replies to this topic
  • crackjacker

Posted February 02, 2009 - 06:46 PM

Sending my suspension out to get re-valved and re-built. The stock is way to mushy for me. There are quite a few companies out there, and I'm sure most of them are pretty reputable, but at the price I'm looking at, I want to get this done right the first time. I've kind of narrowed the field down to MX-Tech, RG3 and Race Tech. I ride 70% desert, 30% trail/single track. At this point, I'm wondering what anyone else out there has done, or have any experiences with any of the above companies.

Thanks in advance!

• hillclimbguy

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:25 PM

Enzo did my buddies. He was expensive but it was worth it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:40 PM

Precision Concepts revalved my WR and I have not complaints. The price was in line with others and the turn around was quick. I weigh about 180 and ride about 70-80% desert and I also complained obout the suspension being too soft. They ended up revalving front and rear and I went to the next heavier rear spring (5.4) and kept the stock fronts. So far I have only needed to go up slightly on the rear compression and it seems to work great. It really eats up the whoops and the faster you go the better it works. I have no problem recommending them to others especially if you are in California. I would also check out ESP, I've have heard of many satisfied customers too.
http://www.precisionconcepts.net/
http://www.mysuspension.com/

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 02, 2009 - 11:04 PM

Jason at finelines suspension in Huntington beach. I am very happy with what he did with my WR.

Also, go to the suspension forum on TT and look for DaveJ @smartperformance.com

• Dube2

Posted February 03, 2009 - 09:12 AM

Pro Tech in Temecula said they will respring and revalve my fronts for $150 or so. I'm a 250lb Heffer and thought that was a pretty good deal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.