speedo kmh/mph

5 replies to this topic
  • pymn2001

Posted February 02, 2009 - 02:49 PM

think mine is broke or have got a non mph version (did they make one?) bike is brand new on 09 y model, tried to do as manual states, useing select button two and it dont cycle tried disconnecting battery to restart is there a reset button and not the one on dash before you say it dont wont to look like a div and call shop and say its broke when it aint cheers lads

• klossWR450

Posted February 03, 2009 - 12:51 AM

just checked mine and it changes to kph/mph no probs, mine is UK bike, it states in the manual this feature is for UK market so I guess if you bought new bike from the dealer you can claim it's faulty

• pymn2001

Posted February 03, 2009 - 03:18 PM

thinking this might be only recoarse

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • schattat

Posted February 07, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hi guys!

I stumbled across this thread whilst looking for a solution for my WR speedo issue. So, I joined up to this forum! :) Some of you guys may know me from the ADVrider forum, under the same username.
Here, one of my big threads there:
http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=400288

Anyway, I received my used WR450F digital speedo from the USA today, which I'm planning on mounting on my '04 TT600R to replace the analog device.
The problem is that I'm unable to permanently switch it from MPH to KM/H. In the users manual of the WR, it states that you have to hold the SLCT2 key for 2secs for it to change the units. That works, too. Problem is, that disconnecting the speedo from it's power supply, then reconnecting it causes it to jump back to MPH (the TT600R has no battery!)...

Any tricks to permanently keep it set to KM/H?

Also, I'm unable to switch to the odometer mode. Again, I followed the instructions given in the users manual, yet no luck...

Thanks in advance!
Tony Schattat

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted February 07, 2009 - 10:46 AM

The yamaha digital speedo has a seperate "constant" power input to retain settings.

• schattat

Posted February 08, 2009 - 03:30 AM

Thanks alot for your reply!

Yes, I was aware of the speedo having 2 separate power inputs.
The problem is, that the bike I'm mounting the speedo onto doesn't have a battery, meaning whenever the engine's off, there's no 12V source, thus returning the unit back to MPH.

Either there's a trick to permanentaly set it to KM/H, or I'm going to have to equip the bike with a battery...

Anybody got an answer to the odometer issue?

Thanks,
Tony Schattat

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.