Need help finding some 426 parts.

9 replies to this topic
  • shawnbassett26

Posted February 02, 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hello. Im looking for where to find a set of ignition plugs (RED anodized), A chain/ case guard (Red anodized) for my 426. I looked on ebay and only found blue plugs, and nothing on the guard. Im more of a street kinda guy so i dont know every place to look. Figured most of you guys would know exactly where to look.

Most of you may think what im asking for is strange or useless. But the motor is in a Custom frame (NSF100 or YSR sized) bike. It will be at alot of big motorcycle events (Both Moto GPs) and every detail counts.

Here are some pics of the bike with the 426. Not all mounted up yet.

Custom hand made frame.
Posted Image
Mocked up the motor
Posted Image
Stress mounted.
Posted Image
Custom Carbon Fiber tank.
Posted Image
Custom one-off wheels
Posted Image

If anyone is interested in the full build check out

• Birdy426

Posted February 02, 2009 - 12:41 PM

Try Anderson Automatics...they sell a lot on e-bay and do a lot of custom CNC and anodized stuff. When I bought plugs for my 426, they had 'em in all kinds of colors. I think Zip Ty racing sells 'em in red as well

• shawnbassett26

Posted February 02, 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks Birdy426^^, Anderson has everything except the case saver.

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2009 - 01:04 PM

The case saver (guide) and the original cover should be available from Yamaha. They are not very expensive.

• shawnbassett26

Posted February 02, 2009 - 01:22 PM

Good idea^ I have the OEM one, i was thinking something fancy though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MuDPoUNdeR

Posted February 02, 2009 - 06:44 PM

I just have one question for your build. Why a 426 engine?

• shawnbassett26

Posted February 02, 2009 - 07:03 PM

Why not... :) real reason was i bought a TRX450 and just want going to happen as stress member set-up. I got a smoke'n deal on a 426 (now a 450 with a good amount of mods). I have a YSR with a XR200 motor in it too.
~Shawn @ BMS

• 02WR426Cali

Posted February 02, 2009 - 08:18 PM

Post some pics when you are all finished. It sounds like an interesting project that will look cool. Have any pics of the ysr with the xr200?

• shawnbassett26

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:02 PM

Fuel tank is the only part that is stock or un modified....

XR200 Motor in YSR
Posted Image

Bike completed
Posted Image

~Shawn @ BMS

• 02WR426Cali

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:25 PM

Nice work! That thing looks good with the ol xr in there. What kind of class do you run that in?

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.